• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Places to Stay in Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Now I have managed to calm down....

- Hilton on Deansgate (the really tall building)?
    - De Vere in Cheadle (there are two of them)
    - Ramada in Salford Quays

I think this is where you want to stay though:
    Knutsford Cheshire Luxury Hotels | The Mere Golf Resort & Spa | Hotels in Manchester Area

Have a look at Salford Quays hotels - some nice walks there and a few decent hotels. (walking distance to OTCG)
    None of them are boutique, they are all mainstream hotels. Nothing clever about them compared to a small boutique one.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Forgot to add Tripadvisor link for Didsbury house.

Didsbury House Hotel Reviews and Photos, Manchester, United Kingdom - TripAdvisor

Comment

NLUK is right the Didsbury House Hotel is lovely. It's sister hotel in town is the Great John St Hotel also lovely.

No real boutique hotels in town (other than above) but the mainstream ones aren't too bad and all close to the tram stops for getting to Old Trafford.

The one in Didsbury is on the main University bus route with a bus almost every minute it seems.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          NLUK is right the Didsbury House Hotel is lovely. It's sister hotel in town is the Great John St Hotel also lovely.

No real boutique hotels in town (other than above) but the mainstream ones aren't too bad and all close to the tram stops for getting to Old Trafford.

The one in Didsbury is on the main University bus route with a bus almost every minute it seems.
          I remember how much you loved lounging about in the cast iron bath with that glass of wine while I sat on the bed and chatted.... Ahh that was a good night...

Comment

China town

HTH
            one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              None of them are boutique, they are all mainstream hotels. Nothing clever about them compared to a small boutique one.
              Sorry I missed that point in my fit of rage.... Didsbury House sounds good and Didsbury is lovely when the weather is half decent (almost never round here so good luck with that one). Also if you are in Didsbury I would recommend Istanbul Grill - great turkish food. Get the Iskandar Kebab if you go there.

Comment

Got a couple of spare beds at EO towers, if you dont mind cats.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I remember how much you loved lounging about in the cast iron bath with that glass of wine while I sat on the bed and chatted.... Ahh that was a good night...
                  What an imagination..... me in the bath?!!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Try Canal Street, It's a real eye-opener and not only an eye-opener too type place....

Comment

The hilton on deansgate is good and the views are impressive. I've stayed in tall buildings before, but usually they have been surrounded by other tall buildings, so you lose the feeling of height. The hilton is on its own so this isn't the case and you have unobstucted views. If you pay for their executive room you get access to their executive lounge and a free bar!

I like the radisson in Manchester also.
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X