• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

motorholme.com - avoid these idiots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Did you get a refund?
    Nope
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
      Some banks are better than others. Mine - First Direct - has been excellent. With regard to the onus being on you to prove your case, though: no, that's simply not the case. All you should have to do to obtain a refund is state that you dispute the payment; it's for the person that wants to take your money from you to make their case that they're entitled to it. Some banks, unfortunately, aren't clued up to this fact, and will try to take the least hassle (for them) route of asking you to sort it out between yourselves. If your bank is one of those that does this, though, I'd advise you to:
      1. Persist. Your bank will recognise their responsibilities under the Chargeback scheme eventually, if you politely insist the onus is on them to process the dispute you want to invoke.
      2. Change your bank to one that's more co-operative and customer-friendly.

More info available here.
      Yeh. I've had dealing with amex in the past and they have been excellent.

Santander on the other hand are consistently tulipe.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Good news, yes, I paid with credit card. Bad news is its Santander who are complete bellends.
        Kinda makes me laugh when you call people bellends in your tales of woe that only you seem to get yourself in to...regularly. There is a posh word for it that escapes me at the moment.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Kinda makes me laugh when you call people bellends in your tales of woe that only you seem to get yourself in to...regularly. There is a posh word for it that escapes me at the moment.
          Come on NLUK - be nice

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Fook me, judging from your posts I had you down as being about 21.
            From your posts I thought you were 121.

Comment

UPDATE

Now that I've told them they're in breach of contract and want my deposit back they've backed down and want to waive the extra fee.

Hang on now. You got caught out trying to pull a fast one, and now think I'm going to trust you just because you got caught with your hand in the till? I dont think so.

I'd be like nicking your neighbours car, getting caught by the police, and then expecting everyone to forget about it just because you agreed to give it back !!!!!

Comment

Issue a letter before action to the company, and if they don't pay, take them to the small claims court, I can't see a judge going against your favour especially so as they are in breach of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations Act 2008....

Comment

Car hire firms are notoriously dodgy.

Comment

Independent motor home hire firms worse or so it seems...

Comment

Good news, yes, I paid with credit card. Bad news is its Santander who are complete bellends.

Funnily enough, I tried a chargeback recently or should I say a section 75 refund for something I bought from ebuyer (who think the sale of goods act doesnt apply to them) and santander managed to cock that up.

I thought chargback/section 75 wasnt that easy though and you had to convince the bank that you were right. Rather than the onus being on the supplier to get the money back off you.
                      Banks \ credit card companies will try their best to avoid giving you money back easily under Section 75. You have just got to stand your ground and read the act to know your rights.

A few years ago when MFI went bust, a new pc I bought for my son didnt work when delivered. After no joy from the rip off merchant pc store, I contacted the card issuer. They had a recorded message telling people who had bought stuff from MFI but had not had it delivered to contact the administrator which was bollox, they were 'jointly and severaly' liable under S75 for the purchase.

Anyway, they tried to fob me off saying I had to produce an 'independent report' stating the pc wasnt working! (WTF?)

I told them apart from their responsibility under S75, the Sale of Goods act states that if goods develop a fault within 6 months of purchase, the fault is deemed present at time of purchase.

after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing, they refunded all my money so, just keep on at them.
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X