• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NatWest and RBS computer glitch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    ...nobody abroad would take any Scottish moneys
    Not true.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Not true.
      Especially since it's still issued by the BoE and is still GBP, it just has a different name on it. In its current form, "their" money is no more than a bit of marketing.

EDIT: Oops, what I said was apparently factually wrong. Apparently, scottish pounds is not -strictly speaking- money, but a promissory note for the exact amount issued by the BoE. So it still represents the British Pound, but with those particular banks being the promissories. What a strange system.
      Last edited by BarbarianAtTheDoor; 23 June 2012, 20:12.

Comment

Not true.
        WHS.

It's always welcome in Greece
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Not true.
          Apologies, I should have qualified my statement - nobody abroad apart from banknote collectors would take Scottish money: compared to proper GBP they feel very cheap, I thought I had fake banknote given to me by the taxi driver with funny accent
          Last edited by AtW; 23 June 2012, 20:09.

Comment

Apologies, I should have qualified my statement - nobody apart from banknote collectors would take Scottish money: compared to proper GBP they feel very cheap, I thought had fake banknote given me by the taxi driver with funny accent
            They just didn't trust you. Try Monopoly money next time you might get a better result.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Sadly I do - when I had job interview many years in Dundee some taxi driver gave me funny money that later got refused in good old England
              You got knocked back for a taxi role in Dundee?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                You got knocked back for a taxi role in Dundee?
                I had job interview in 1999 there in a games company that made lemmings - by the time I reached it (via Glasgow) all I cared was to get the hell out of there before the last train to mainland was leaving, like at 2pm or so

I had interview at Codemasters also but my salary requirements were way higher than they expected slaves to work for, plus they made me write code on paper and do retarded IQ test

Comment

Originally posted by BarbarianAtTheDoor View Post
                  £100 note featuring a vignette of leisure and tourism
                  £100 features the Kessock Bridge

Can anybody explain to me please why would £100 note be printed in Scotland but not in England?

It just does not compute. Good luck exchanging one of those abroad for proper currency!

Comment

£100 note featuring a vignette of leisure and tourism
                    £100 features the Kessock Bridge

Can anybody explain to me please why would £100 note be printed in Scotland but not in England?

It just does not compute. Good luck exchanging one of those abroad for proper currency!
                    We don't need a wheelbarrow of notes for a night on the piss, two or three of those bad boy does the job. And I've exchanged £100 notes abroad no problem. I talk from experience, you talk out of your arse.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

We don't need a wheelbarrow of notes for a night on the piss, two or three of those bad boy does the job. And I've exchanged £100 notes abroad no problem. I talk from experience, you talk out of your arse.

Which country?

Comment

Working...
                      X