• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England v Italy on Sunday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Can't stand Terry. Still don't understand why he gets in ahead of Ferdinand. Ferdinand should be at the Euros instead of Terry on a morals basis alone.
    I'd guess Terry gets in because the manager Hodgson rates him higher than Ferdinand, as did Capello before him.

Managers rely on their players and have to make cool judgements, unlike us fans who can say what we like this side of the white line.

This isn't a morals contest, this is professional football.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Could go either way. In spite of what the Spanish coach said, I wouldn't want to play England - you don't know what you're going to get
      I think it's probably about 50:50... ENG are not great but winning the group and not losing a game must inspire extra confidence.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Can't stand Terry. Still don't understand why he gets in ahead of Ferdinand. Ferdinand should be at the Euros instead of Terry on a morals basis alone.
        I don't particularly like him but he has shown many times an absolutely fearless attitude to getting in the way of the ball and making important clearances, and he's also scored a fair few goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          I'd guess Terry gets in because the manager Hodgson rates him higher than Ferdinand, as did Capello before him.

Managers rely on their players and have to make cool judgements, unlike us fans who can say what we like this side of the white line.

This isn't a morals contest, this is professional football.
          I did say he was a better footballer - either way they are of a similar level, one could argue either way who is better.

Terry Cons:
          - Got sent off in semi-final of CL with Chelsea for utter stupidity
          - Really slow
          - Hated by the country and probably a lot of the players
          - Blatant Racist

Terry Pros:
          - Good defensively and as a leader on the pitch

Compare that with Ferdinand?

Comment

I did say he was a better footballer - either way they are of a similar level, one could argue either way who is better.

Terry Cons:
            - Got sent off in semi-final of CL with Chelsea for utter stupidity
            - Really slow
            - Hated by the country and probably a lot of the players
            - Blatant Racist

Terry Pros:
            - Good defensively and as a leader on the pitch

Compare that with Ferdinand?
            You just don't like him, which clouds your football judgement. Many do the same.

Tell us why he is a blatant racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              You just don't like him, which clouds your football judgement. Many do the same.

Tell us why he is a blatant racist.
              You honestly think that scum didn't racially abuse Anton?

Comment

Firstly you are pre-judging the issue. You know no more than I do.

Secondly, is this or is this not a tight-knit and harmonious England squad, with both Terry and several black players in it?

Comment

I'm undecided, I've seen no conclusive evidence either way, but he seems to get on perfectly well playing alongside black people and they don't seem to mind him either.

I do think he's a bit of a twat though.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

1)He's not disliked by the nation, he remains popular with the masses
                    2)Using a racist term once in the heat of the moment doesn't make you "a blatant racist"

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      I'm undecided, I've seen no conclusive evidence either way.

I do think he's a bit of a twat though.
                      I couldn't disagree there!

I assume that's why Hodgson has told him to keep quiet and away from the press.

Comment

Working...
                      X