• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows Phone 8

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I think I'm more interested in seeing how W8 tablets turn out, if they can fill the gap for a strong #2 not taken by Android.
    There is no gap for #2, the ipad 1 & 2 fill that gap.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      I had a Windows 98 mobile phone, or something like that, back in around 2005, and it was forever freezing on me. I swore never again to go with Windows Mobile. Android all the way for me.
      It's ok, Windows 8 has fixed that sort of thing.

Comment

It's a prototype

Nice covering though, considering how he must have been feeling!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Oh cock, Those of us suckers on Win Phone 7.5 won't get full upgrades to 8. 8 only runs on new hardware. All we get is the new start screen with the sizable tiles. So no cure for the sucky Skype app then.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            The people I know who use Win7.5 handsets rave how good they are, I have yet to hear someone not like
            I switched from IoS , however since you've not heard a negative, here's one I heard that doesn't affect me.

There are no accessibility options, you can't increase text, tile or display size - so the visually impaired get a raw deal.

Surprising from a Microsoft OS, that they dropped the ball on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              Oh cock, Those of us suckers on Win Phone 7.5 won't get full upgrades to 8. 8 only runs on new hardware. All we get is the new start screen with the sizable tiles. So no cure for the sucky Skype app then.
              Doesn't mean they won't continue improving apps. You might get lucky.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yeah, that will happen. Though the latest twitter app is buggier than the previous version. And Skype can't accept incoming calls, unless you just happen to be in the app when someone rings. A bit useless really.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                X