• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What it means to be a contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Been asked to extend fo 12 months but with a rate cut.

I ask myself, WWMFD?
    Go permie?
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
      Go permie?
      He he he, he's not is he?

Ooooh my goodness please say he is.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Been asked to extend fo 12 months but with a rate cut.

I ask myself, WWMFD?

If they want a rate cut and you need the work, agree to 2 months. Don´t let youself get pinned down for 12 months on a tulipty rate. That´s the trap of permie reasoning, more ´certainty´ for less money. In reality it´s false certainty and you lose money when even if you aren´t earning you could be doing courses to upgrade your CV and earn more in future. The only certainty you get is that you´ll be earning peanuts for the next 12 months, so don´t fall into the trap. Take 2 months and look for something better.
        Last edited by Mich the Tester; 20 June 2012, 21:25.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

He he he, he's not is he?

Ooooh my goodness please say he is.
          Maybe I'm getting him confused with sasburu. Easily done.
          "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Telling the client, that yes, you'll take the cheaper transfer flight to San Diego via JFK and SFO (as opposed to going direct) next month so it saves them $1400. But then telling them that you'll be charging $4000 for 4 days for the 2 x 16 hours worth of travel it going to take to get to their site.

W****RS.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Telling the client, that yes, you'll take the cheaper transfer flight to San Diego via JFK and SFO (as opposed to going direct) next month so it saves them $1400. But then telling them that you'll be charging $4000 for 4 days for the 2 x 16 hours worth of travel it going to take to get to their site.
              I bet if they cut you in half they'd find the word 'CONTRACTOR' running through you like a stick of rock.

:myhero

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                I bet if they cut you in half they'd find the word 'FAT USELESS W4NKER' running through you like a stick of rock.

:myhero
                FTFY.

Comment

Ask the client which one he wants.

1. The deadline missed
                  2. Quality reduced
                  3. To pay you more money so you'll be prepared to flog your guts out to make his deadline. (or get a subby in)
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Ask the client which one he wants.

1. The deadline missed
                    2. Quality reduced
                    3. To pay you more money so you'll be prepared to flog your guts out to make his deadline. (or get a subby in)
                    This is it; you have to find out what the client really wants. If he just wants to save money, maybe you can take a rate cut for certain days and work at home. If he really wants the job done, show him a plan of how to get it done quicker at the same rate, but don't pin yourself down to 12 months a a lower rate.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X