• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jimmy Carr Tax Avoidance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with DA on this. It's the hypocrisy that's the issue and that whole "Do as I say, not as I do attitude" that permeates the whole of British society these days.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      I'm with DA on this. It's the hypocrisy that's the issue and that whole "Do as I say, not as I do attitude" that permeates the whole of British society these days.
      Be nice to everyone.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        It is the hypocrisy of his comments about Barclays that annoys me.
        He's a professional comedian not a political commentator. He says things people will laugh at, not things he believes.

A bit like an agent really, say what sells.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          He's a professional comedian not a political commentator. He says things people will laugh at, not things he believes.

A bit like an agent really, say what sells.
          I am afraid that is nonsense. Comedians set themselves apart from the people that they satarise and get audiences to personally "join them" in their sneers and laughter. He will now find it very difficult to make jokes about tax evasion unless he makes his own affairs the butt of the jokes. If he then goes on to find mirth in his "tax arrangements" in public he may well find HMRC will not see the humour.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

He can now sneer at people who pay tax.

He'll probably get a much higher fee for performing for rich people.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

I would love to be there when someone heckles him about tax, someone is bound to try it and he is viscious to hecklers!
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                I would love to be there when someone heckles him about tax, someone is bound to try it and he is viscious to hecklers!
                The hecklers will be queuing up
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  I am afraid that is nonsense. Comedians set themselves apart from the people that they satarise and get audiences to personally "join them" in their sneers and laughter. He will now find it very difficult to make jokes about tax evasion unless he makes his own affairs the butt of the jokes. If he then goes on to find mirth in his "tax arrangements" in public he may well find HMRC will not see the humour.
                  Ken Dodd did a good line in self deprecating jokes about his tax affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                    Ken Dodd did a good line in self deprecating jokes about his tax affairs.
                    Ken Dodd OBE, CBE, VAT

He introduced two new diddy men. Diddy Pay & Diddy Hell.

It only bites those who get on their high horse about it, like Lester Piggot.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      It's legal, what's the problem?
                      If you don't see the problem then you are either an idiot or tax cheat, possibly both.

Comment

Working...
                      X