• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tom Maynard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Oh gosh, right.

Still dreadful though
    It was. If he was stumbling across the tracks in a very pissed state he might have electrocuted himself and been dead before the train hit him.

Comment

Yeh maybe.

Like I said possibly pissed up and driving and decided to leg it rather than get breathalised. Can never understand how someone can be so dull as to drive when pissed though?

Not being funny but the guy was a top cricketer so hardly on the minimum wage and unable to afford a taxi.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Yeh maybe.

Like I said possibly pissed up and driving and decided to leg it rather than get breathalised. Can never understand how someone can be so dull as to drive when pissed though?

Not being funny but the guy was a top cricketer so hardly on the minimum wage and unable to afford a taxi.
        When you are pissed you do silly things, take silly risks. Assuming he was of course.

Comment

Sounds like a normal bloke, he obviously realised how tediously boring cricket is and decided to end it all.

Comment

Seems like he did step on the live rail and then got hit by the train.

County Cricket 2012: Tom Maynard 'electrocuted' - pathologist | Cricket News | County Cricket 2012 | ESPN Cricinfo

What on earth possessed him to do a runner across an electrified train line?

Comment

So he was drunk driving? Obviously if he did a runner, no sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                So he was drunk driving? Obviously if he did a runner, no sympathy.
                Well, apparently, he'd had grief off Surrey CC before for his drinking.

Remember this is a young lad who moved up to London from Cardiff the year before and was just starting to hit the big time. Nice car, model girlfriend, plenty of money etc I expect.

But yeh, know what you mean. Really stupid thing to do after all. Senseless.....

I must admit when I first heard he'd been hit by a train I thought it was an accident. Slipped off platform or whatever. Must admit you feel less sympathy when said person is doing something stupid like this.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  . Must admit you feel less sympathy when said person is doing something stupid like this.
                  That probably wont be how his family will see it
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    That probably wont be how his family will see it
                    WHS.

Most of us have had 'incidents' and learnt the lesson in your youth and lived to see another day.

I watched something on TV about R.I.P trolling a while ago...very disturbing.

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                    X