• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tom Maynard

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tom Maynard"

Collapse

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    That probably wont be how his family will see it
    WHS.

Most of us have had 'incidents' and learnt the lesson in your youth and lived to see another day.

I watched something on TV about R.I.P trolling a while ago...very disturbing.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    . Must admit you feel less sympathy when said person is doing something stupid like this.
    That probably wont be how his family will see it

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    So he was drunk driving? Obviously if he did a runner, no sympathy.
    Well, apparently, he'd had grief off Surrey CC before for his drinking.

Remember this is a young lad who moved up to London from Cardiff the year before and was just starting to hit the big time. Nice car, model girlfriend, plenty of money etc I expect.

But yeh, know what you mean. Really stupid thing to do after all. Senseless.....

I must admit when I first heard he'd been hit by a train I thought it was an accident. Slipped off platform or whatever. Must admit you feel less sympathy when said person is doing something stupid like this.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    So he was drunk driving? Obviously if he did a runner, no sympathy.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Seems like he did step on the live rail and then got hit by the train.

County Cricket 2012: Tom Maynard 'electrocuted' - pathologist | Cricket News | County Cricket 2012 | ESPN Cricinfo

What on earth possessed him to do a runner across an electrified train line?

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Sounds like a normal bloke, he obviously realised how tediously boring cricket is and decided to end it all.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Yeh maybe.

Like I said possibly pissed up and driving and decided to leg it rather than get breathalised. Can never understand how someone can be so dull as to drive when pissed though?

Not being funny but the guy was a top cricketer so hardly on the minimum wage and unable to afford a taxi.
    When you are pissed you do silly things, take silly risks. Assuming he was of course.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Yeh maybe.

Like I said possibly pissed up and driving and decided to leg it rather than get breathalised. Can never understand how someone can be so dull as to drive when pissed though?

Not being funny but the guy was a top cricketer so hardly on the minimum wage and unable to afford a taxi.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Oh gosh, right.

Still dreadful though
    It was. If he was stumbling across the tracks in a very pissed state he might have electrocuted himself and been dead before the train hit him.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Should have had a runner.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Just seen this on the news. Sounds like psychocandy says, he was doing a runner and got hit by a train.

Decent player too, and would probably have made it into one of the full England teams eventually. I remember his dad being a good player.
    Oh gosh, right.

Still dreadful though

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Stange as I was watching him play for Surrey against Kent only yesterday. RIP

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    SAD,

But he had a good innings

But then he got out. LBW (leg below wheels)..

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    SAD,

But he had a good innings

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    BBC News - Cricketer Tom Maynard dies after being hit by Tube train

Great young cricketer and really sad...

However, he has been in trouble recently for being pissed up. Makes you wonder, ditched car, legged it from police. All points to being pissed up whilst driving, legged it to prevent being breathalised, and then took escape route across train track.

Not clever if thats the case but gotta feel sorry for his family....
    RIP Tom Maynard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X