• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition to stop government snooping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    If anyone is interested, there's an e-petition here against the proposed new Internet and phone monitoring powers.

I don't have much of a problem with GCHQ having these powers; but I do have a major problem with the same being granted to local councils and the like, for no doubt trivial money grubbing reasons unrelated to crime. Chances are the main incentive is to make it easier for councils to spot sub-letting, and to charge extra rent or a council tax supplement.
    Top link - cheers

Comment

Labour brought in anti terror stop and search powers as soon as they could, the IRA had been in cease fire for years and 9/11 was not expected but they felt the need to push through section 44. Arses.

Comment

Damn, when I clicked those I found you'd made them up. How disappointing!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Damn, when I clicked those I found you'd made them up. How disappointing!
          Plan B for you Xog.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
          X