• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England vs. France

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watching the highlights. Ribery should have been booked for disgraceful play acting, the big tart. We won't flourish in the Euros until our players learn to throw themselves around in fake agony like these diving continental types.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      Just watching the highlights. Ribery should have been booked for disgraceful play acting, the big tart. We won't flourish in the Euros until our players learn to throw themselves around in fake agony like these diving continental types.
      Do you think England players are more of a Labour or Conservative voters?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        If you had posted that earlier than you did, it would have more credibility.
        I predict the opposite - Shevchenko has shot his load and will henceforth be sidelined.
        Fair enough. I'll admit it didn't occur to me until he scored the first.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Decent enough for a first game against a half-decent team... Nasri, Malouda, etc are darn good.

Not great, but not boring long-ball crud either.
          Things can only get better
          Can only get, can only get
          They get on from here
          You know, I know that
          Things can only get better

Friday is the crunch, if England can get through that they have plenty of options.

Who knows, Carroll and Rooney could be fresh and tasty.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Who knows, Carroll and Rooney could be fresh and tasty.
            Or they could be more like a Greggs pasty.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Or they could be more like a Greggs pasty.
              Like I said, who knows?

Rooney has yet to live up to the hype wearing an England shirt and Carroll looked sharp recently.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Like I said, who knows?

Rooney has yet to live up to the hype wearing an England shirt and Carroll looked sharp recently.
                I did think Carroll might have done a better job of winning the ball in the air when it was cleared and enabling us to hold onto it a bit more. As it was there were spells when we seemed to get it away but it would come straight back.

Comment

I did think Carroll might have done a better job of winning the ball in the air when it was cleared and enabling us to hold onto it a bit more. As it was there were spells when we seemed to get it away but it would come straight back.
                  Of course it would have helped if Carroll had been on the pitch rather than sat on the bench.

Comment

Of course it would have helped if Carroll had been on the pitch rather than sat on the bench.

Yes, so if we had bought him off the bench he might have done a better job than Young or Wellbeck did. I would have bought him on for Young personally.

Comment

Yes, so if we had bought him off the bench he might have done a better job than Young or Wellbeck did. I would have bought him on for Young personally.
                      I thought Young and Welbeck did quite well personally, although they didn't see very much of the ball especially second half.

Comment

Working...
                      X