• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's Friday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Picking up son from University tomorrow, back to the smoke Sunday afternoon as I have a pile of kit and a bike to take down with me that won't be practical on Monday Morning.
    have you ever done any bicycle track racing ?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      You just wanted someone to ask what car it is? Didn't you!!!
      LOL, Am I that shallow? It’s nothing special just a golf estate, practical over posing I’m afraid
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        have you ever been in a Turkish prison ?
        FTFY
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Well mine started Wednesday as Thursday is a holiday here so no working Friday either. Was going to go to Düsseldorf but FrauD has to work Saturday so drove over to Luxemburg yesterday to pick up Napoleon bonbons, mustard and 800 cheap fags. Today its, Frankfurt for food followed by the town followed by Kegel and football and then pub. Tomorrow will be Biergarten with football and Sunday is stay at home to help the wife write her CV as she gets made redundant shortly and then drive to Münster as I have an early start with IBM stuff on Monday. Jolly weekend everyone...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

have you ever done any bicycle track racing ?
            I haven't. Road only for racing, although always quite fancied it. Track bikes are mad though. One gear, no freewheel, no brakes.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I haven't. Road only for racing, although always quite fancied it. Track bikes are mad though. One gear, no freewheel, no brakes.
              I was hoping you could advise on a good track bike; looking at a Dolan Precursa, a Zannata Z92 and a Ridley Oval, but I guess you don't know any better than me.

I tried it a couple of months ago; went to 3 beginner sessions at the Apeldoorn indoor velodrome. Brilliant fun and I shall be doing more this winter, probably sprints and 750metre time trial ('masters' do 750m instead of 1k). That, seeing as my shoulders are now too knackered for rugby or discus. Trouble is, the hired bikes at velodromes usually have a weedy low gearing so you have to pedal like mad to keep up. Good for training, no good for racing.

Go and try it; absolutely great fun; you'll get used to the bike very quickly, but yes, you do need a slight loony streak to ride one. Actually the lack of freewheel or brakes is a safety thing; if you're all riding at 60kph or more and one person slows down suddenly then everyone will smash into him. Which provides a good laugh for spectators.

Comment

download festival in the rain
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

The wife and I will be driving all the way down to near Lands End and back, to see the Mother-In-Law for her birthday.

650 mile round trip.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I was hoping you could advise on a good track bike; looking at a Dolan Precursa, a Zannata Z92 and a Ridley Oval, but I guess you don't know any better than me.

I tried it a couple of months ago; went to 3 beginner sessions at the Apeldoorn indoor velodrome. Brilliant fun and I shall be doing more this winter, probably sprints and 750metre time trial ('masters' do 750m instead of 1k). That, seeing as my shoulders are now too knackered for rugby or discus. Trouble is, the hired bikes at velodromes usually have a weedy low gearing so you have to pedal like mad to keep up. Good for training, no good for racing.

Go and try it; absolutely great fun; you'll get used to the bike very quickly, but yes, you do need a slight loony streak to ride one. Actually the lack of freewheel or brakes is a safety thing; if you're all riding at 60kph or more and one person slows down suddenly then everyone will smash into him. Which provides a good laugh for spectators.
                    Hmmmm, Track Cycling at Calshot Activities Centre
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Go for it; but that's a real loony track, 142 metres, and I guess the banking must be more than 50 degrees. Apeldoorn's a world championship track, 250 metres with 42.5 degree banking.

Comment

Working...
                      X