• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: It's Friday

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's Friday"

Collapse

• StewieG
    replied
    My current contract finishes today. Back to dealing with the pimps until my next gig. God i h8 dealing with the pimps. Although I have had good advice on here, asking them for their margins and saying i have an NDA with current client when they ask for rates if they sound too pimpish ( are there degrees of pimpishness)

Leave a comment:

• Mupps
    replied
    Staying away at work all weekend, as i can't be arsed to do the 700 mile round trip drive so soon after doing it on Tuesday night. Gonna miss the wife and kids, and not sure how i'm going to have any fun up here in the rain.

I suspect this w/e is going to be a bit crap.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Off to Templcombe to run a medieval melee training session ready for a tournament in Raglan castle in August!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Are they going to keep the olympic velodrome, or will that be one of those one-off blow the money, make the fastest track in the world and then demolish it jobbies?
    Supposedly it will stay open as part of the NCC, will have to wait and see though.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Recovering from bank holiday camping.

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Are they going to keep the olympic velodrome, or will that be one of those one-off blow the money, make the fastest track in the world and then demolish it jobbies?
    they are supposed to be keeping it open, hmmm not sure about the cost though, could be interesting, friend used to use manchester at £6 a session, maybe double it for london?

if you are local saturday this is on

The IG Markets London Nocturne

I am doing the foldup race - think will be funnier for the spectators though

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Weekend paddling off the coast of Angelsey, possibly paddling inside the coast too with the amount of rain thats been failling this week. Following last weekends paddling in cornwall, and a cycle along the Cameltrail with the kids, of which I am still drying out from, I predict man flu soon...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    It's a question of whats available over here unfortunately. Calshot is the only indoor track in the south of england. There is the NCC in Manchester but I'm working in London ATM so thats not really an option until this gig finishes.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    The old man's got another fine for gross indecency at the pigeon fanciers club, so I'll be back working the rainy streets to pay it off.
    Like you need an excuse!

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    The old man's got another fine for gross indecency at the pigeon fanciers club, so I'll be back working the rainy streets to pay it off.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Go for it; but that's a real loony track, 142 metres, and I guess the banking must be more than 50 degrees. Apeldoorn's a world championship track, 250 metres with 42.5 degree banking.
    It's a question of whats available over here unfortunately. Calshot is the only indoor track in the south of england. There is the NCC in Manchester but I'm working in London ATM so thats not really an option until this gig finishes.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Go for it; but that's a real loony track, 142 metres, and I guess the banking must be more than 50 degrees. Apeldoorn's a world championship track, 250 metres with 42.5 degree banking.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I was hoping you could advise on a good track bike; looking at a Dolan Precursa, a Zannata Z92 and a Ridley Oval, but I guess you don't know any better than me.

I tried it a couple of months ago; went to 3 beginner sessions at the Apeldoorn indoor velodrome. Brilliant fun and I shall be doing more this winter, probably sprints and 750metre time trial ('masters' do 750m instead of 1k). That, seeing as my shoulders are now too knackered for rugby or discus. Trouble is, the hired bikes at velodromes usually have a weedy low gearing so you have to pedal like mad to keep up. Good for training, no good for racing.

Go and try it; absolutely great fun; you'll get used to the bike very quickly, but yes, you do need a slight loony streak to ride one. Actually the lack of freewheel or brakes is a safety thing; if you're all riding at 60kph or more and one person slows down suddenly then everyone will smash into him. Which provides a good laugh for spectators.
    Hmmmm, Track Cycling at Calshot Activities Centre

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    The wife and I will be driving all the way down to near Lands End and back, to see the Mother-In-Law for her birthday.

650 mile round trip.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    download festival in the rain

Leave a comment:

Working...
X