• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3.5 hours on 1 stretch of the M25

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many people not enough infrastructure. It will only get worse as it has all through my driving life.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
      Too many people
      FTFY

Comment

Didn't someone warned you what it is like trying to get to Brighton from anywhere near London

oh look I did.

Originally posted by eek View Post
        3 weeks? Based on the clues he's given so far and guessing the client (its one of two but only 1 is recruiting) I'd give him 3 hours.

And that's without the getting to and from Brighton bit.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I spend two years commuting from Brentwood to Heathrow by car every day on the M25.
          I used to commute from Brentwood too...I learnt to hate the M25 but worked out how to skip bits of it by going off at various places and then rejoining it...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            I used to commute from Brentwood too...I learnt to hate the M25 but worked out how to skip bits of it by going off at various places and then rejoining it...
            Isn't there a book that tells you the best way to get between each junction if it is closed?

Though my favourite was a 4 hour queue when a tanker left the motorway between J5-6 and closed it ALL weekend. I got through it in 30 minutes by leaving at Reigate and following a back road on top of the North downs. Single track at alot of points. Not many people know it.

Comment

I remember once I had an interview, it was around 30 mins by car. I left 45 mins early after checking the traffic was OK, so got there 15 mins early. Love telling that one down the pub.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Isn't there a book that tells you the best way to get between each junction if it is closed?

Though my favourite was a 4 hour queue when a tanker left the motorway between J5-6 and closed it ALL weekend. I got through it in 30 minutes by leaving at Reigate and following a back road on top of the North downs. Single track at alot of points. Not many people know it.
                Isn't that the Pilgrim's Way?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

You don't need a book you just need an ability to follow road signs and basic localish geographical knowledge.

If you aren't local or never been in that part of the world make sure you have a TomTom with traffic so you can follow everyone else in the convoy.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Taking the positives from this experience:

Never again will I complain about traffic and congestion in Manchester. The M25 makes the M60 look like a joke.....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

Never again will I complain ............................................
                      Yeah, I ******* bet, too!
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X