• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New gig - weird client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I thought you posted a Booommeedd in April starting a dream permie gig at an IB that you have been waiting for for 2 years?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      But I thought you posted a Booommeedd in April starting a dream permie gig at an IB that you have been waiting for for 2 years?
      I did indeed join a hedge fund from an IB - I have been waiting 2 years and applying to all the hedge funds I can. Finally I got my lucky break!

But the lure of Birmingham was too great. How can any mortal man resist?

I do wish the client would stop rocking on his "chair"(inflatable sheep). How can I post drivel and make up my invoice with that distraction?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I did indeed join a hedge fund from an IB - I have been waiting 2 years and applying to all the hedge funds I can. Finally I got my lucky break!

But the lure of Birmingham was too great. How can any mortal man resist?

I do wish the client would stop rocking on his "chair"(inflatable sheep). How can I post drivel and make up my invoice with that distraction?
        There are some very nice places to stay on the outskirts of Birmingham.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          There are some very nice places to stay on the outskirts of Birmingham.
          Stratford-on-Avon?

Comment

Stratford-on-Avon?
            A bit twee but very good; Hotels NEC, Luxury Hotels Birmingham, Solihull & Coventry
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Stratford-on-Avon?
              That's a good choice. When I worked in South Birmingham I stayed in Henley-in-Arden with Mrs Pritchard.

Comment

I thInk the OP will need to be careful. In a recent statistical study men who wore squirrel costumes to the office were 99.9% likely to be virgins with an overly
                Opinionated sense of self importance regarding financial matters with a 50% chance of doing harm to others if metal cutlery had not been replaced with plastic.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I just picked up this gig
                  I thought you were at a hedge fund in Londinium?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    I thought you were at a hedge fund in Londinium?
                    I thought it was an obvious joke based on this comment by AtW
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      I thought it was an obvious joke based on this comment by AtW
                      Ah ..... Missed it ......

Comment

Working...
                      X