• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spain in state of total emergency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

How do you explain that then?

Look how fast it's growing. The 2013 and 2014 are projections that are dependent on deficit being cut.

...and the figure is the UK governments measure that excludes the banking bail out, but which needs to be added in if you want to compare.

Now if you assume the debt level of 80% and debt continues to grow as fast as it has done over the last 3 years ......"pop"
    The question you need to ask yourself is why the German GDP/debt ratio is so high (presumably they have generally had surpluses) and is comparable to the UK who have generally run deficits.
    That may help you out of your binary rut although I'm not hopeful.

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    I find the charts on this site more exciting: Total UK Debt | Economics Blog

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    No its not. HTH, BIDI.

How do you explain that then?

Look how fast it's growing. The 2013 and 2014 are projections that are dependent on deficit being cut.

...and the figure is the UK governments measure that excludes the banking bail out, but which needs to be added in if you want to compare.

Now if you assume the debt level of 80% and debt continues to grow as fast as it has done over the last 3 years ......"pop"
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 June 2012, 10:49.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I see you are neatly trying to move the argument away from the failings of the Euro
    We are all bored with talking of the Euro failings. Lets just let in fail asap and move on......

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    No its not. HTH, BIDI.
    Any chance of telling us how you think it works? Or just going to stick to childish insults?

How is the Portugese holiday home?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    The debt levels are an accumulation of deficits!!!

Are you deliberately feigning ignorance?

Lets say the UK has a GDP of £100

It has debt of £60 OK

It has a deficit of 10% of GDP i.e. £10

The UK isn't growing, it's almost 0, so GDP isn't going to move is it?

This deficit has to be funded by additional debt of £10. Now the total debt of the UK is £70.

This is exactly how it works.

I see you are neatly trying to move the argument away from the failings of the Euro

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

It has debt of £60 OK

This deficit has to be funded by additional debt of £10. Now the total debt of the UK is £70.

No its not. HTH, BIDI.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    But you realise deficits don't get added to the total debt/GDP ratio now don't you?
    You realise need to get a basic economics book and read it. Pass it on to Atw when you're done

It has debt of £60 OK

Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 June 2012, 09:17.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Not as high.

In fact debt levels have been swelling for years but since 2008 they've reached dangerous levels, also in the US. i.e. this is a general problem of developed economies, slowly building up debt.
    But you realise deficits don't get added to the total debt/GDP ratio now don't you?
    You realise need to get a basic economics book and read it. Pass it on to Atw when you're done

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied

You do realise the UK and many other countries have been running deficits for decades??

Not as high.

In fact debt levels have been swelling for years but since 2008 they've reached dangerous levels, also in the US. i.e. this is a general problem of developed economies, slowly building up debt.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 June 2012, 09:07.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X