• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV integrity?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This poll needs another option:
    • A scummy agent rewrote it

Which is why I voted AndyW wrote it
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      A scummy agent rewrote it
      More like 'Complete fairy story' then...

one day at a time

Comment

Fortunately being a tester there seems to be plenty of work out there, so I see what you say by it's your sales pitch. Therefore I tend to ensure I eveidenced as much as possible whilst still keeping it concise and readable.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
          Agreed, but your CV is the sales pitch to get you in the door and a bit of ‘flowering’ up does no harm IMO.

You can portray the work you've done in the most advantageous way without lying.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

100% true. For a given value of "true" of course.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              100% true. For a given value of "true" of course.
              So you really did single handedly write the Mars Lander program for NASA then
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                You can portray the work you've done in the most advantageous way without lying.
                A few years ago, I slightly exaggerated my Oracle skills to get a contract (I’m mostly SQL Server). As the concepts are the same just a different toolkit, I put initial rustiness down to different versions and I was fine and indeed got several extensions.

I was 100% confident I could fulfil the role and that was my only concern. Forget the morals old boy, I’ve got a mortgage to pay.

one day at a time

Comment

Oi! Why isn't the poll anonymous?

I thought confessions were between me, the priest and God, not you bunch of tossers too !

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

I thought confessions were between me, the priest and God, not you bunch of tossers too !
                    Hmm! Fairy Tail eh?
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

anonymous forum = anonymous poll

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X