• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Incompetent Permanent Staff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do what the people at my last permie job did, encourage all the lightweights to become contractors!

....... oh - oops
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      do what the people at my last permie job did, encourage all the lightweights to become contractors!

....... oh - oops

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        What's the best way of telling a client that the most beneficial thing employee X can do is accept an immediate termination?
        I tried that once. Crap permie project manager that was truly abysmal. Micromanaged professionals as if we were call centre staff (her background) even changed my signed off requirements before passing them to the delivery centre, amongst many other things. I tried to flag it to my boss, upshot was that I got sacked, she stayed on. I'll keep my gob shut in future.

Comment

A lot or permies are useless chair warmers, or worse actual liabilities where their limited experience of different environments and actually having to play at a high level to survive mean they can get away with talking crap all day thinking that is a valid contributuion.

Just grumble within earshot of the nearest CTO who might have the project as a key deliverable that permie x is ******* useless and going to ruin everything.

then make sure you keep your head down and appear to be awesome at your job..

Comment

One of the reasons clients bring in contractors is because the permies aren't very good. Don't rock the boat for it is sailing serenely towards your next contract extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              One of the reasons clients bring in contractors is because the permies aren't very good. Don't rock the boat for it is sailing serenely towards your next contract extension.
              whs

Incompetent permies keep contractors in work. If anything, praise him and tell them to hire another one like him, just in case he becomes unmissable.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                whs

Incompetent permies keep contractors in work. If anything, praise him and tell them to hire another one like him, just in case he becomes unmissable.
                I am learning a lot from you guys

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Er!

I'm a permie, and I'm brilliant

OK so I'm a consultant working for a firm of consultants contracted in, but I'm still a permie and still brilliant!

A legend in my own mind I am
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    whs

WMS+1
                    one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                    X