• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are all the CVs I'm being sent for Indian Developers?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    The thread title was outsourced with much quickness, I thank you much.
    Indeed!
    one day at a time

Comment

Where is Bob Shawadiwadi when you need him?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

IMO its because the a lot of the agencies are selecting candidates that are providing them with a higher margin. There will be dozens of home grown developers sat on the bench wondering why their CV didn't make the cut.

I have had to ask for CV's for two programmes in the last few years and in both cases all of the CV's in the first sift were of non-UK Origin. Fair enough I thought and started interviewing... After I had read 62 CV's of absolute crap and having to sit on telephone interviews and listen to candidates tell me in broken English that they hadn't actually configured an ESX server before but sat next to the guy that did. I read the riot act on the Agencies and HR department and told them I wanted candidates with EU resident status only... Then all of a sudden loads of Uk nationals turned up with good skills and decent english. Ended up with a fairly equal mix of races and skills in the end.

I am guessing that its a fairly common problem for hiring managers at the moment...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Where is Bob Shawadiwadi when you need him?
          Speaking of which:

Bob Shawadiwadi

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Speaking of which:

Bob Shawadiwadi
            He doesn't look Indian to me.

EDIT: But now that I've had a second look...
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              Why are all the CVs I'm being sent for Indian Developers?
              Maybe the recruiter's mother tongue is not English. In some European languages Indian and indigenous are translated with the same word. I had an offer in the past from cloggersland where they invited me to apply for a 'vacation'.
              <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

That'll teach Spod for asking Dodgyagent to find him some resource.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Did you put an advert on cuk?

Comment

I'm a decent home-grown developer. Only £500/day and I won't even need space at the client site.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      I'm a decent home-grown developer. Only £500/day and I won't even need space at the client site.
                      <cough>bulltulip</cough>
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X