• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More rape than ever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Simples!

If you don't want more wind farms and you don't want more nuclear power stations, Get rid of your PC's, your TV's, Games consoles, Mobile Phones and washing machines, tumble driers fridges, freezers and dishwashers. Take cars off the road and stop producing all the extranious carp that we consider a right not a luxury.
    Or just increase their efficiency & usage so we use less energy.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Or just increase their efficiency & usage so we use less energy.
      right...

Anyway I'm pro-nuclear. Anyone who isn't is an idiot

We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
      - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
        right...

So am I

I'm also pro wind, wave tidal & solar

Just anti idiots who think that we have solved all of the problems with any of them. and I will only actively support solutions that don't poison the planet for a thousand years or drastically change the environment.

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          No, you are putting words into my mouth.

My point is that plants are more natural than 100 feet tall wind turbines.
          A field full of rape is not natural. It exists due to man exactly as much as the windmill does. And hurts my eyes more, especially when it's sunny!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            A field full of rape is not natural. It exists due to man exactly as much as the windmill does. And hurts my eyes more, especially when it's sunny!
            However the rape only lasts a season (or as many seasons as it takes for the price of the crop to fall) .

BTW I like both as long as they are GM crops as I like some insects.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Simples!

If you don't want more wind farms and you don't want more nuclear power stations, Get rid of your PC's, your TV's, Games consoles, Mobile Phones and washing machines, tumble driers fridges, freezers and dishwashers. Take cars off the road and stop producing all the extranious carp that we consider a right not a luxury.

But No, The fckwits of this world don't want to give up their toys and status symbols, their "make Life Easy" Gadgets, they'd rather whinge whine and moan day after day that they don't want the power generators that they need so much to be in sight or sited anywhere near them.

They'd rather criticise the technology and the people that provide them with the comforts they so desperately want.

Well as far as I'm concerned, if the whingers don't want them they should f@## off and live in some village in some backwater 3rd world country where they don't have electricity.

At least we wont have to listen to them constantly crying about "those nasty power stations and those nasty turbines and that nasty nuclear radiation and those nasty pylons"
              I like nuclear power generators, and I like stuff being built out to sea, so to me the argument above is meaningless tosh of someone who can't build a coherent case without exaggeration and nonsense correlations (I know you didn't write it diver )

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                I like nuclear power generators, and I like stuff being built out to sea, so to me the argument above is meaningless tosh of someone who can't build a coherent case without exaggeration and nonsense correlations (I know you didn't write it diver )
                Copy Paste!

Me
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
                  right...

The equivalent of 14 power stations will be needed just to power consumer electronic devices by 2020, the report warned.

By that time televisions on standby will consume 1.4% of all domestic electricity, it predicted.
                  ENERGY STAR Success Stories & Awards : ENERGY STAR

Apple (United Kingdom) - Apple Battery Charger - The energy-efficient way to power your accessories.

BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Gadgets 'threaten energy savings'
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X