• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cabinet Rich List

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's not repugnant to be rich and it's good if a person who knows how to create wealth runs the country or company - tha'ts totally essential, however in this case we've people who inherited wealth rather than created it.
    Those that have inherited wealth still had to manage it and put that money to work. In the same way as those that are put in charge of the nation's wealth.

I think this fixation on inherited wealth is bollocks anyway.

Comment

They are groomed for riches and power from an early age, which may be no bad thing so long as they don't totally take the piss.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Who would you like to run the country?
        Myself, preferably.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Those that have inherited wealth still had to manage it and put that money to work.
          I am pretty sure their buttler did all the work.

Comment

It's not repugnant to be rich and it's good if a person who knows how to create wealth runs the country or company - tha'ts totally essential, however in this case we've people who inherited wealth rather than created it.
            It's not his fault he inherited money.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              It's not his fault he inherited money.
              No, but since MOST of his wealth apparently inherited money this means he was total fookwit who could not actually create his own wealth despite supposedly excellent school (Eton?) and family connections.

I guess this makes him excellent politician?

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                That's the problem with Osboorne and Cameron. They think the answer's lie in tightening your belt a notch, putting off replacing the Bentley for a bit and then someone will eventually bequeath you a load of money and everything's dandy again. Neither of them are in touch with the real world as neither have ever had to provide for themselves.

We need to get rid. The Tory party needs to get rid of them as well and come up with some more credible candidates for the jobs.
                And what of your Sainted Tony Blair? What's he worth these days?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                  What's he worth these days?
                  To be fair he did not inherit that money but "made" it himself

Comment

No, but since MOST of his wealth apparently inherited money this means he was total fookwit who could not actually create his own wealth despite supposedly excellent school (Eton?) and family connections.
                    When did he spend a lot of time trying to make wealth?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      And what of your Sainted Tony Blair? What's he worth these days?
                      I have no problem with people having, making or inheriting money.

I have an issue with Members of the Cabinet who have lead sheltered, cosseted lives and are completely out of touch with 99% of the population.
                      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                      X