• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a scorcher

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to like Spring, but it was awful this year (until last week).

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Humans like 23 C best allegedly. I wonder where is the most temperate climate on Earth. Up a mountain near the equator possibly, or near a cool body of water.
      I'm from Ireland 23C doesn't exist and neither does the sun (we have one season and it is called Rain).

Need to invest in a aircon unit
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I used to like Spring, but it was awful this year (until last week).
        My birthday is in spring, and I have always had nice weather, quite strangely always. The week before my birthday this year was really tulip, then suddenly, it got sunny, and has stayed fairly sunny since. Properly nice this weekend, although I am slightly pink tinged from cycling loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          My birthday is in spring, and I have always had nice weather, quite strangely always. The week before my birthday this year was really tulip, then suddenly, it got sunny, and has stayed fairly sunny since. Properly nice this weekend, although I am slightly pink tinged from cycling loads.

You'll like it in cloggers, they have proper cycle paths here two lanes and everything.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            You'll like it in cloggers, they have proper cycle paths here two lanes and everything.
            Yes I will, the Dutch are completely clued up when it comes to cycling. Unlike here, where it's iffy. We just cycled down the lanes where we live and had some close calls. Ended up cutting the ride short.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              Yes I will, the Dutch are completely clued up when it comes to cycling. Unlike here, where it's iffy. We just cycled down the lanes where we live and had some close calls. Ended up cutting the ride short.
              There's no such thing as having to wear cycling gear or helmets over here, most people cycle to work in suits etc..

Only people who wear cycling gear is if they are cycling more than 14 kilomoters, anything less you don't get kitted up. Most of the cycle lanes don't cross major roads and bikes have precedence anyway. So if you as a driver hit a cyclist, then you are to blame ( so I've been told).

Norrahe's blog

Comment

What a green and pleasant land England is this evening.

Comment

Despite it being scorchio, you still need a wet suit if you want a dip in an English sea*

* unless you sport an inch+ of blubber, which no doubt qualifies most of CUK

Comment

Working...
                  X