• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: What a scorcher

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What a scorcher"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Despite it being scorchio, you still need a wet suit if you want a dip in an English sea*

* unless you sport an inch+ of blubber, which no doubt qualifies most of CUK

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    What a green and pleasant land England is this evening.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Yes I will, the Dutch are completely clued up when it comes to cycling. Unlike here, where it's iffy. We just cycled down the lanes where we live and had some close calls. Ended up cutting the ride short.
    There's no such thing as having to wear cycling gear or helmets over here, most people cycle to work in suits etc..

Only people who wear cycling gear is if they are cycling more than 14 kilomoters, anything less you don't get kitted up. Most of the cycle lanes don't cross major roads and bikes have precedence anyway. So if you as a driver hit a cyclist, then you are to blame ( so I've been told).

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    You'll like it in cloggers, they have proper cycle paths here two lanes and everything.
    Yes I will, the Dutch are completely clued up when it comes to cycling. Unlike here, where it's iffy. We just cycled down the lanes where we live and had some close calls. Ended up cutting the ride short.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    My birthday is in spring, and I have always had nice weather, quite strangely always. The week before my birthday this year was really tulip, then suddenly, it got sunny, and has stayed fairly sunny since. Properly nice this weekend, although I am slightly pink tinged from cycling loads.

You'll like it in cloggers, they have proper cycle paths here two lanes and everything.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I used to like Spring, but it was awful this year (until last week).
    My birthday is in spring, and I have always had nice weather, quite strangely always. The week before my birthday this year was really tulip, then suddenly, it got sunny, and has stayed fairly sunny since. Properly nice this weekend, although I am slightly pink tinged from cycling loads.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Humans like 23 C best allegedly. I wonder where is the most temperate climate on Earth. Up a mountain near the equator possibly, or near a cool body of water.
    I'm from Ireland 23C doesn't exist and neither does the sun (we have one season and it is called Rain).

Need to invest in a aircon unit

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I used to like Spring, but it was awful this year (until last week).

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Even my wife is starting to complain. I think her best months are Spring, Autumn and Winter...

She'll hate the 4 weeks in Poitou-Charentes in August

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    People round our way are starting to moan now.

So pleased we have a/c at home.....
    No one has complained about the weather in this thread, perhaps you should provide an example or quit moaning about moaning.

"What a scorcher" is not a complaint btw, it's a salute to a famous Sun headline.
    Sorry?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I'm meeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lting

It's too 'ot
    Humans like 23 C best allegedly. I wonder where is the most temperate climate on Earth. Up a mountain near the equator possibly, or near a cool body of water.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I'm meeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lting

It's too 'ot

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Hey stop moaning about moaning about moaning about moaning!

Happy to oblige
    Okay, there is no limit to the numbers of nested moaning abouts possible (no limit to moaning), try it with "s/he said, s/he said...". How deep can you go?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Hey stop moaning about moaning about moaning!
    Hey stop moaning about moaning about moaning about moaning!

I'm reminded of standing in a porch aged somewhere between 3 and 5 wondering how far one could make sense of "s/he* said that s/he said that s/he said..." and wondering how many levels down one could go. Or perhaps it was "s/he though s/he thought..." or something similar. Not that I'm implying your mental age is 3 or anything.

*s/he meaning "he or she", a word I made up
    Happy to oblige

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Hey stop moaning about moaning about moaning!
    I'm reminded of standing in a porch aged somewhere between 3 and 5 wondering how far one could make sense of "s/he* said that s/he said that s/he said..." and wondering how many levels down one could go. Or perhaps it was "s/he though s/he thought..." or something similar. Not that I'm implying your mental age is 3 or anything.

*s/he meaning "he or she", a word I made up

Leave a comment:

Working...
X