• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting Tube Ride Today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    London (both the central Zone 1 and also generally) is quite large.
    Yes there are stations that are in reality close to each other eg Bank and Liverpool st., or Bayswater and Paddington.
    But try walking in Zone 1 from Liverpool St to Victoria. Paddington to London Bridge. Notting Hill to St Pancras. Or Pimlico to Euston.
    Closest together = Leicester Square and Covent Garden apparently.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Closest together = Leicester Square and Covent Garden apparently.
      LOok down the tunnel from one station and you can see the other.

Comment

Well I'm off to Westminster right now to go fondle some fishing rods in Farlows and then walk back long the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          I have taken the tube I think 3 times. There is something about hurtling through tunnels older than I am with my safety in the hands of someone that just may be tired or just having a bad day, makes me slightly uncomfortable.
          You are CanDo!
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Last time I was down here I regularly walked from Fenchurch St. to Kings Cross. It's not actually as far as it sounds.

Home to client is actually only about 15 miles, but takes over an hour by public transport. I can do the same milage in the same time or less on a bike.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I used to walk from Baker St to Soho such that I despised the tube so much.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                I mostly walk these days*, it's surprising how small London is.

*I do get the tube back to my digs of an evening, admittedly...
                I really enjoyed a week long course on Oxford Street one warm summer. It was always pleasant to walk at least some of the way back to the hotel.

But years later, after I'd lived in Paris I got caught out by thinking tube stops were as close together as they are on Le Metro.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                X