• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it Legal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is illegal for a company not to offer you a job if you really really want it.

Comment

I went for a permie interview 2 years back. It went very well and they did not bother to phone and tell me I hadn't got the job. When I chased the interviewers up, they directed me to HR who ignored me. For a permie interview I think this is an extraordinary discourtesy when I had put considerable effort into the preparation. I will hold a grudge for ever.

However, as this is illegal, I phoned the police and they had three teams working around the clock for three months until they cracked the case. The directors got wind of this and fled to Northern Cyprus. The Turkish government has now been informed that their accession to the EU is on hold until they are handed over. Turkey is now calling the FCO's bluff and appearing to make moves toward forming a single Caucasian market, but ultimately they need access to Northern European markets and I will get my feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        I went for a permie interview 2 years back. It went very well and they did not bother to phone and tell me I hadn't got the job. When I chased the interviewers up, they directed me to HR who ignored me. For a permie interview I think this is an extraordinary discourtesy when I had put considerable effort into the preparation. I will hold a grudge for ever.

However, as this is illegal, I phoned the police and they had three teams working around the clock for three months until they cracked the case. The directors got wind of this and fled to Northern Cyprus. The Turkish government has now been informed that their accession to the EU is on hold until they are handed over. Turkey is now calling the FCO's bluff and appearing to make moves toward forming a single Caucasian market, but ultimately they need access to Northern European markets and I will get my feedback.
        . . . in this life or the next.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

You want feedback? More like you ask them why you should consider their role over the other three you were offered..

Comment

<looks up to check forum>

<saunters on...>
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Whe I first started contracting, I used to get annoyed at this, and made a list of agencies that did it, vowing never to work for them again. Still haven't. Seems a bit childish, for if I am i contract and a pimp leaves me a message about a role, I rarely call them back to say no, unless I have worked with them before and liked them.

I was once played by an agency, who kept telling me the client hadn't made their minds up. I quickly worked out I was preference #2 and they couldn't get hold of #1, so withdrew from the role. Pimp was uber pissed off, but I did have other irons in the fire anyway.

I also refused to work for another agency mid cotnract when they messed up my payments, and got very defensive when I requested they sort it out tout suite. Their FD got mardy with me, so I went to the client and said I couldn't work through them anymore. Was with another pimp the next day.

Comment

Working...
              X