• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fast lane hoggers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    Nah, these are the fookers tha cause all the problems on the motorways
    No the people behind them probably are though.

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    One thing I do is I go into the inside lane and I drive almost parallel but just a bit behind. It's very unnerving for he driver in the outside lane, because it looks like you might overtake him on the inside, but you don't (after all it's a £100 fine and points on your licence). It also sends a very clear message, "look the inside lane is free what the f** are you doing in the outside lane".
    Undertaking is not forbidden only discouraged, unless it is done dangerously.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      No the people behind them probably are though.

Undertaking is not forbidden only discouraged, unless it is done dangerously.
      Undertaking is illegal, unless you do it with a natural flow of traffic i.e. if the flow in the lane you are in, takes you past the traffic on the lane outside to you. If you do it to overtake, it is illegal, and considered dangerous driving

Comment

Where's the MRL* option?

* Multiple Rocket Launcher
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          I often think Lorries/trucks shouldn't be allowed to use the middle lane on Motorways in rush hour, as like you, I think this causes most flow issues. The fact they seem to indicate and pull out in one movement doesn't help, the feckless pricks, but I think this could improve flow.
          If you can't anticipate that a truck is going to need to pull out then you're not concentrating.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            If you can't anticipate that a truck is going to need to pull out then you're not concentrating.
            I don't think that's true now is it. I've seen trucks following along for miles, only for one to suddenly, and unexpectedly, indicate and pull out.

No issues for me, I drive a motorhome and cruise is set to 60 mph and rarely get an issue. Just stuff I have witnessed.

Comment

I don't think that's true now is it. I've seen trucks following along for miles, only for one to suddenly, and unexpectedly, indicate and pull out.

No issues for me, I drive a motorhome and cruise is set to 60 mph and rarely get an issue. Just stuff I have witnessed.
              Of course it's true. A truck will pull out for a reason, not just to piss people off. If you look at what's in front of other vehicles then you can pretty much gauge when a vehicle is going to need to pull out and be prepared.

Just saying like.

Comment

Tailgating and full beam first (we all have a duty to try and educate these idiots first) then undertake if they still won't shift. Pulling in front of them and slowing down to 50 for a bit can also send out the message.

One rule I'd introduce to improve traffic flow is to ban caravans from the road between 06:00 and 20:00. That would still give plenty of time for the clowns who choose to tow them about the place to move them about but would make the roads far safer and better flowing.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Of course it's true. A truck will pull out for a reason, not just to piss people off. If you look at what's in front of other vehicles then you can pretty much gauge when a vehicle is going to need to pull out and be prepared.

Just saying like.
                  Rubbish. Of course they pull out for a reason, which might be they're off the CB/Phone/Internet. There's not always a logical reason for them doing so and simply saying there is, is fairly foolish; not every move is a logical one that you can see coming.

Just saying like.

Comment

Rubbish. Of course they pull out for a reason, which might be they're off the CB/Phone/Internet. There's not always a logical reason for them doing so and simply saying there is, is fairly foolish; not every move is a logical one that you can see coming.

Just saying like.
                    Oi God, please send me another clueless fuqwit, Old Hack needs new batteries.

Comment

Oi God, please send me another clueless fuqwit, Old Hack needs new batteries.
                      Come now, keep the ad hominem stuff to a minimum, as it simply shows you're losing the argument.

If you're saying every move is logical, so can be seen in advance, then I am afraid the search for a new fuqwit should begin closer to home.

Comment

Working...
                      X