• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Electricity Bills Set To Rise To Pay For Wind Farm Subsidies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you know ...

The 'report' is by the Renewable Energy Forum - a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Renewable Energy Foundation. And that REF was founded by Neol Edmonds?

No deal, thanks Noel.

Maria McCaffery, chief executive of RenewableUK, a trade body which represents more than 600 wind and marine energy firms, says the Renewable Energy Foundation's true purpose is diametrically opposed to the interests of the wind energy industry. "It is an anti-wind lobbying organisation," she told BusinessGreen. "I'd like to know where the renewable energy part of their remit is. They don't foster or promote or develop, they just try to undermine the case for wind energy all the time."
    Renewable Energy Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Usual journalistic standards from the Telegraph, there.
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      ok. you have an interest in this. jolly well done.

others dont. so thanks for declaring it. now shut the **** up, and leave the debate to others
      Others who (some of whome) don't know what the **** they are talking about you mean and base their comments and on what they read in the press?

I have spent approx 11,500 hours in this, What is the basis of Your expertise in renewable energy please?

I have posted the true figures as published by DECC. you have posted carp you read in a paper written by an anti renewable energy source.

And for your information, We ALL have a vested interest in this unless you live in the wild cooking your food with twigs over a jerry rigged cooker like a Hobo.
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Others who (some of whome) don't know what the **** they are talking about you mean and base their comments and on what they read in the press?

I have spent approx 11,500 hours in this, What is the basis of Your expertise in renewable energy please?

I have posted the true figures as published by DECC. you have posted carp you read in a paper written by an anti renewable energy source.

And for your information, We ALL have a vested interest in this unless you live in the wild cooking your food with twigs over a jerry rigged cooker like a Hobo.

Comment

For anyone who is new here, or anyone with a short memory, the reason why I yawn at Diver is that he has a track record.

This is the booby who was spouting off about the Britsh withdrawal from IRAQ and the heavy casualties that would be involved. We would have to have an armoured diversion. massive air cover and we would be 'enfiladed' and suffer not a few casualties. (we suffered 0 in that withdrawal)

no matter how we did it, we would suffer heavy losses.

Of course the people with experience told him he was talking rubbish, but he ploughed on.

Now the booby is spouting on about a subject where he has a financial interest. I exercise my right of 'shut the **** up diver'

people are and will die due to fuel poverty, I dont want to hear from a self centred, greedy twat
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

For anyone who is new here, or anyone with a short memory, the reason why I yawn at Diver is that he has a track record.

Now the booby is spouting on about a subject where he has a financial interest. I exercise my right of 'shut the **** up diver'

people are and will die due to fuel poverty, I dont want to hear from a self centred, greedy twat
            Oh come on EO, resorting to personal attacks because you are too pathetic to maintain a valid argument

I thought you were a little more mature than to act like a 12 year old girl that can't get her own way

Telling me to shut the **** up, and that I'm a tw@t

Grow a pair EO and man up

Comment

yawn.

you did not have the good grace to apologise last time. you were 100% wrong

how wrong are you this time ? and will you ever apologise ?

yawn

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

yawn.

yawn

Good response EO. Can't fault it for validity with regard to the renewable energy debate

Comment

yawn.

yawn
                  By the way. I'm sorry EO. I was wrong with regard to the withdrawal (although it was delayed a couple of years)

Now will you admit that you are wrong and make up, because I really do like you?

Comment

ha ha

let me quote the booby

'A well armored diversionary force off from the main route could be used to draw enemy combatants and firepower away from the more vulnerable retreating main unit.
                    Whatever happens, it is not going to be pretty and a lot of our young men are going to die.'

'With your wealth of ignorance you should fkin despair'

you have a financial interest Diver, back off and leave it to others. thats my advice
                    dont be a bigger booby than you have to be

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

ha ha

let me quote the booby

'With your wealth of ignorance you should fkin despair'
                      you have a financial interest Diver, back off and leave it to others. thats my advice
                      dont be a bigger booby than you have to be

Oh dear!

Still

Reviewing the previous posts, you aren't coming across very well here EO

I forgive you though and hope nobody thinks the worse of you for it

Comment

Working...
                      X