• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Electricity Bills Set To Rise To Pay For Wind Farm Subsidies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I was interested to hear that Cameron is to look at the Severn Barrage. It could be a wonder of the world and we are lucky to have this on our doorstep.

Then I looked at the company who is a leading contender to do project and I've rarely seen such an empty website:

Welcome to Corlan Hafren

Nice and minimalist, but I wanted a touch more info about the barrage proposal than that.
    I think it's a good idea, even though I live within a couple of miles of the proposed starting point in Wales. The only problem would be getting the construction materials to either end, short of building some major new roads. There was a suggestion to put a road on the top to allow a short-cut from South Wales to Somerset and onto the M5.

The power of the tides around here are something else. To harness some of the truly free energy would be a big, big positive move.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Oh OK!..............
      <a respectful snip>
      I've said it before too, but you're only saying all this because its lining your pockets (I agree with you though) -

That said, subsidies make a bit of a mockery of it - that needs sorting too. I think that having them erected in areas that don't yield is also stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
        I've said it before too, but you're only saying all this because its lining your pockets (I agree with you though) - but lets at least be honest about it - you're working for wind farms aren't you?
        For truly obscene ammounts of money

My annual bonus is even more obscene

Gimme more money................more..........more

But what I say is true. We need more wind farms or more nuclear and/or new coal fired power stations if we are to avoid rolling blackouts after 2017 when the most of our ageing power stations are to be closed down. which would you prefer?
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

But what I say is true. We need more wind farms or more nuclear and/or new coal fired power stations if we are to avoid rolling blackouts after 2017 when the most of our ageing power stations are to be closed down. which would you prefer?
          Yawn
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I want all of them. Plus electric cars so we can tell OPEC to go fook themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I want all of them. Plus electric cars so we can tell OPEC to go fook themselves.
              and where does the lecky come from ?
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                and where does the lecky come from ?
                Out of that 3 pin socket thingy on the wall silly., don't you know nothing!

Comment

Out of that 3 pin socket thingy on the wall silly., don't you know nothing!
                  thats right, in Divers world

it just suddenly appears. by magic

yawn
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    thats right, in Divers world

it just suddenly appears. by magic

yawn
                    It's not magic silly!

It appears because of the hard and industrius labour of people like myself who dedicate themselves to making (Money) the world a better place

Comment

It's not magic silly!

It appears because of the hard and industrius labour of people like myself who dedicate themselves to making (Money) the world a better place
                      ok. you have an interest in this. jolly well done.

others dont. so thanks for declaring it. now shut the **** up, and leave the debate to others
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X