• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

17 May 1971 Remembered

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember May 1971 as when Arsenal won their first "Double"! Nobody could forget the FA Cup final - George Graham trying to claim Eddie Kelly's goal, maths teacher Bob Wilson getting his angles wrong and allowing Steve Heighway to beat him at his near post, and the extra time denouement when Charlie George lay prostrate after hammering the long-range winner past a flailing Clemence.

And then two days later going to the home of their deadly rivals Tottenham and winning one-nil to pip Dirty Leeds to the league title. I believe Ray Kennedy headed the winning goal from a corner.

Comment

I grew up in Bath too and have fond memories of the old green routemasters.

Many an adventure would begin as the 332 hove into view along the Bradford Road....

Comment

Now, that's a proper bus thread.

Comment

So can we deduce that zoco = Doggy Styles = Malcolm Buggeridge = ... ?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            So can we deduce that zoco = Doggy Styles = Malcolm Buggeridge = ... ?
            Also = Gittins "Gal" + Gricerboy + Freak De whateverthehell and bound to be others.

The only people that appear to have missed these obvious links are admin and the mods, who for reasons best known to themselves prefer to leave these sockie troll accounts unbanned.
            Last edited by TykeMerc; 6 December 2014, 22:53.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Also = Gittins "Gal" + Gricerboy and bound to be others.

The only people that appear to have missed these obvious links are admin and the mods, who for reasons best known to themselves prefer to leave these sockie troll accounts unbanned.
              I think we can deduce the obvious link. Admin+mods are incredibly thick.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I think we can deduce the obvious link. Admin+mods are incredibly thick.
                Only one of us is that thick. The same one that is stupid enough to let PITA posters back in time and time again

I don't mind the Pacha / Zoco / Buggeridge / Gittins posts, they very occasionally add a little light to an otherwise dull and dreary day.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  Only one of us is that thick. The same one that is stupid enough to let PITA posters back in time and time again

I don't mind the Pacha / Zoco / Buggeridge / Gittins posts, they very occasionally add a little light to an otherwise dull and dreary day.
                  If the "very occasionally" was more than 1 in every 10k posts I and some others may agree, but the fact is the vast majority are affected made up bollocks trying to get a reaction, that's called trolling. You know all of those accounts are sockies, but you don't clear them out.

Comment

Wtf did this thread get regurgitation?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Wtf did this thread get regurgitation?
                      Resurrecting ancient threads (which would get others a slapping from the mods) is allowable to the stable of untouchable sockies, didn't you know that?

Comment

Working...
                      X