• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's 'king kenny

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Biggest in terms of debt or are you referring to a different measurement of size?
    Fanbase, history and achievements.

Debt? Are you googling stories from 2010?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Fanbase, history and achievements.

Debt? Are you googling stories from 2010?
      Deaths caused by p*ssed up fans?
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        Deaths caused by p*ssed up fans?
        Ah you must be the 'unnamed police officer'.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          How about second biggest in terms of trophies.
          History is great, but in terms of clout and attracting the best players, I'm not sure that Liverpool are a big club any more.

Part of me would like to be proved wrong, but I just don't think that it's going to happen any time soon that Liverpool will compete with Arsenal even, let alone the top teams.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            As one of the biggest clubs in the world why shouldn't they?
            Originally posted by BBC Sport
            Swansea's Brendan Rodgers has turned down the chance to speak with Liverpool about their vacant managerial position.
            Linky

Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Hard to see Liverpool matching what Chelsea and Read Madrid pay.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Hard to see Liverpool matching what Chelsea and Read Madrid pay.
                It will be interesting to see if MAdrid, Citey, Chelsea etc can keep to the financial fair play rules and also the quota of home grown talent.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  I have read they are going to be interviewing 10/12 people for the position. Some radio station suggested that Werner, Henry et all should conduct them in the style of the voice with their backs to the candidate and swivel around when they want them

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    It will be interesting to see if MAdrid, Citey, Chelsea etc can keep to the financial fair play rules and also the quota of home grown talent.
                    What rules, what quota?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      What rules, what quota?
                      UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - means that clubs must balance their football-related expenditure over a three-year period up to the 2014–15 season.

So no more throwing money at a club and losing shed-loads of money to buy a place in Europe. Of course, certain clubs can still get round the rules - for example, if the club is owned by a foreign government (or senior member thereof) and the same government owns an airline, then they could get the airline to overpay massively to sponsor the stadium. Some might say that that would amount to illegal state aid, but I most certainly wouldn't be one of them.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X