• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's 'king kenny

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a fan of the CLUB I am pleased that the owners are making tough decisions, Kenny was asked to help out short term to steady the ship.
    He sort of did that, L'pool were only entered in 3 comp - won 1, final of the other and the 3rd was awful. So sort of progress.

As a fan of the player I was never too keen on the appointment as it might affect his legendary status. I dont think he handled the race row well and his approach to the press was still in the 90's.

Who next ?
    1. Martinez - too young and has only had a good 6-8 weeks
    2. Rodgers - not big enough
    3. Rafa - as much as I enjoyed his time and trophies he would want full control and not sure he would get it
    4. Jose - we don't have a bottomless pit for him to take us back
    5. AVB - possibly, we need to give youth a chance. Kelly, Robinson, Shelvey, Sterling
    6. Capello - maybe he has a point to prove

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      There's talk of Mourinho
      Capello said he wants one more league gig before retiring, preferably Premiership. I'd be interested to see either of them get the gig.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

From a toon fan's pershe pective I'm just pleased that he managed to undo some of the damage he did while he was our boss, quite clearly not giving a damn.

We got 35 mil out of him, maybe it was a guilt payment.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Capello said he wants one more league gig before retiring, preferably Premiership. I'd be interested to see either of them get the gig.
          Why would Liverpool want some old fart who want's a jolly as his swan song? I'd rather they at least had a long term option even if it doesn't work out that way.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
            From a toon fan's pershe pective I'm just pleased that he managed to undo some of the damage he did while he was our boss, quite clearly not giving a damn.

We got 35 mil out of him, maybe it was a guilt payment.
            What are you talking about!? It wasnt him that did away with your reserve team. He even got you to a cup final, the first since about 1976 I believe

You geordie football fans aint half deluded.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              What are you talking about!? It wasnt him that did away with your reserve team. He even got you to a cup final, the first since about 1976 I believe

You geordie football fans aint half deluded.
              I wish I was deluded, we thought at one point he was deliberately on the take - with bungs for deals.

The most shocking were (it can be argued it wasnt his team that got to the final)

Paul Dalglish straight in from liverpool on the same wages as Ginola
              Selling Ginola and Ferdinand (our goal makers) together with no real feasible replacement (Dalglish then brought in John barnes and Ian Rush as the answer ROFL)

Shaka on a free - with a rumoured bung. We couldn't believe it at the time.
              The list goes on and on and on.;

He did bring in good players through 1 particular agent though, Nolberto Solano & Gary Speed.

He didn't give a flying one about the club.

Getting us to a soft cup final with the remnants of Bobby Robsons team does not mean anything to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Why would Liverpool want some old fart who want's a jolly as his swan song? I'd rather they at least had a long term option even if it doesn't work out that way.
                Because he's got a good reputation. And where did I/he say it wouldn't be long term... he wants one more gig but that could be for 5-10 years.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I wish I was deluded, we thought at one point he was deliberately on the take - with bungs for deals.

The most shocking were (it can be argued it wasnt his team that got to the final)

Paul Dalglish straight in from liverpool on the same wages as Ginola
                  Selling Ginola and Ferdinand (our goal makers) together with no real feasible replacement (Dalglish then brought in John barnes and Ian Rush as the answer ROFL)

Shaka on a free - with a rumoured bung. We couldn't believe it at the time.
                  The list goes on and on and on.;

He did bring in good players through 1 particular agent though, Nolberto Solano & Gary Speed.

He didn't give a flying one about the club.

Getting us to a soft cup final with the remnants of Bobby Robsons team does not mean anything to me.
                  behave yourself. There's no way Dalglish would ever take a bung or not care about who he managed. He has standards and its a bit tulip to say he didnt care, ffs.

Look, I dont know the ins and outs of player movement at newcastle. maybe they wanted out, maybe they were at the end of their top flight career but, the fact remains he got his team to a cup final. (Was it two by the time he left?)

And if it 'wasnt his team' that got to the cup final, why didnt the previous manager get it there!?
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I'm confused, I thought Kenny was at Newcastle long before Robson? Did he take over again after Robson was sacked?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      I'm confused, I thought Kenny was at Newcastle long before Robson? Did he take over again after Robson was sacked?
                      Is there an award for looking a complete idjit on this forum? If so I should be up for it.

I got my legends mixed up... Keegan not Bobby.... both godlike in my (biased) memories.

Comment

Working...
                      X