• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get rid of your Greek and Spanish Euros....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a gig in Edinburgh a few years back. One weekend, we went to Brighton for the weekend, and on the pier there's a saffer shop, so I popped in to buy some biltong, and they refused a Scottish £20. I was incredulous, asked to speak to the manager, who effectively said, if we didn't like the condition of your money, we could refuse it.

So I guess if you have funny money starting with a V, any trader can refuse it.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Yep, why rely on facts when you can make sh!t up?
      This is a tad harsh, I wasn't entirely sure he was making it up, just saying why take the risk? Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        This is a tad harsh, I wasn't entirely sure he was making it up, just saying why take the risk? Seems perfectly reasonable to me.
        Not really. If you know what is going to happen then spill the beans, if you don't then keep it zipped, look and listen - you might learn something.

However, ymmv.

Comment

Not really. If you know what is going to happen then spill the beans, if you don't then keep it zipped, look and listen - you might learn something.

However, ymmv.
          I don;'t get it Spod, all he's said is be conservative and get out of the euro. I think, in the circumstances, it's actually sage advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            I don;'t get it Spod, all he's said is be conservative and fill up with petrol. I think, in the circumstances, it's actually sage advice.
            See the parallels?

Cause and effect gets very blurred when people follow "sage" advice...

Comment

Important notice to the whole board: your Greek and Spanish Euros are worth nothing!
              But I will buy them for half the face value. The same goes for your worthless gold and silver coins. Or I can swap them with very effective penis enlargement pills I've bought from the desk of Mr Khan Omar Ali Saeed. Am I not generous?
              Last edited by petergriffin; 16 May 2012, 09:27. Reason: Optional
              <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

See the parallels?

Cause and effect gets very blurred when people follow "sage" advice...
                Not having petrol and not losing a few hundred quid, maybe more, is different.

I didn't panic about the petrol, as I would have lost nothing. No parallels here

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
                  Important notice to the whole board: your Greek and Spanish Euros are worth nothing!
                  But I will buy them for half the face value. The same goes for your worthless gold and silver coins. Or I can swap them with very effective penis enlargement pills I've bought from the desk of Mr Khan Omar Ali Saeed. Am I not generous?
                  Half of nothing results in a div/0 error. Not a great deal.... I'll got to my local bureau de change if you don't mind.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I'm on holiday to eurozone the week after next, whats the opionion on when the best time to convert my £ is, you recon I should just leave it till the last minute as the rate is only going to get better / or just use cash points over there ?

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                      Half of nothing results in a div/0 error. Not a great deal.... I'll got to my local bureau de change if you don't mind.
                      Err surely that would be 0/2 which is 0? You're thinking of 2/0 which isn't the same thing at all. I _really_ hope your job doesn't involve an element of mathematics.
                      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                      X