• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get rid of your Greek and Spanish Euros....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Slips or bars? And do you need someone to rub your ferengi ears?
    He's a GAL, he doesn'y have "ears" as such...

Comment

Slips or bars? And do you need someone to rub your ferengi ears?
      Shhhhhhhhhh!
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I don't envisage, not even for one second, Greece leaving the euro area. This is nonsense; this is propaganda. The exit of Greece out of the euro was not the subject of our debate today. Absolutely no-one, absolutely no-one, argued in that sense.

Jean-Claude Juncker
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Link does not work and also I did not know Greeks and Spaniash had their own Euros.
          Linky has been taken down.

Well, technically, it's the same currency. The ECB allowed each country to print their own Euros. They are given a unique code to identify the country of origin. So if one country goes belly up, the other countries can refuse to accept the euro from the said country.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Well, technically, it's the same currency. The ECB allowed each country to print their own Euros. They are given a unique code to identify the country of origin. So if one country goes belly up, the other countries can refuse to accept the euro from the said country.
            +1

And the codes are here - Euro banknotes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . I did not know that a code has been reserved for the UK. I am sure it can't be long until we join after all.

Comment

BBC News - New Greek elections as coalition talks fail - Venizelos

And its another election. How much does each electon cost the Greeks? Oh well, they can always print the money to meet the costs.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                +1

And the codes are here - Euro banknotes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . I did not know that a code has been reserved for the UK. I am sure it can't be long until we join after all.
                Forward planning is a wonderful thing.

Certain Govt. Depts are working with systems which can be switched to Euros without a pause. That was a wasted requirement.

Comment

Is that like the Scottish pound?
                  Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Comment

In what way can it be said to be a "currency" if some of the notes can be refused?
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X