• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get rid of your Greek and Spanish Euros....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there isn't much in circulation. What would normally happen is that they would go round the banks and stamp all the notes, not a lot you can do with all the notes in circulation, but it would be a relatively small amount and most of them would have to be exchanged in Greece before they could spend them.

I doubt they'd refuse the remaining notes in circulation, it wouldn't be worth the hassle.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Some think the Germans are now tainted. Safer to hold Swiss Frans, Yen, dollars or, unbelievably, sterling.
      I have some sterling, but I'm waiting and saving it to buy a small district in spain or a Greek Island.

I will admit that the £53 is burning a hole in my pocket though
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        I have some sterling, but I'm waiting and saving it to buy a small district in spain or a Greek Island.

I will admit that the £53 is burning a hole in my pocket though
        Did you read that sasguru recently bought a holiday home in Portugal?

Maybe you can be it off him next year for 10% of what he paid for it!

Comment

Did you read that sasguru recently bought a holiday home in Portugal?

Maybe you can be it off him next year for 10% of what he paid for it!
          Wot £12 for a tiny shack in the overgrown slum area near the Ribeira district. Sasguru's is the little one centre of the pic

Overgrown slum area near the Ribeira district - Porto, Portugal | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I have some sterling, but I'm waiting and saving it to buy Spain or Greece....
            FTFY
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Sasguru's eco-shed is the little one centre of the pic [/url]
              Doesn't look very welcoming.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Doesn't look very welcoming.
                But Diver said its in the Ribena district so it smells of blackcurrant.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  In what way can it be said to be a "currency" if some of the notes can be refused?
                  The Euro is a funny currency in that each country is responsible for printing / producing Euros rather than a Central European Bank.

I won't pretend to understand the ins and outs of why the currency can be refused, but unlike US Dollars and UK Sterling, which are produced by the Country's Central Bank, the production of Euro's by each country is linked to their local economy and membership to the Euro. So if a country pulls out of the Euro, and Europe for that matter, the Euro notes that are produced by the said Country is no longer valid.

Now in practice, would a shop refuse a Euro note that has been produced in Greece? Don't know the answer to that, but at a guess, probably not.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                    Now in practice, would a shop refuse a Euro note that has been produced in Greece? Don't know the answer to that, but at a guess, probably not.
                    I doubt anyone knows for sure. But why take the risk?

Comment

I doubt anyone knows for sure. But why take the risk?
                      Yep, why rely on facts when you can make sh!t up?

Comment

Working...
                      X