• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Porsche 911 are you driving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minsky1 View Post

Does anyone else on here (excluding the usual fantasists) have one?
    I don't have one, sorry.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
      Had a 993 C4 a good few years ago. Think it's worth more money now than it was 8 or 9 years ago when I sold it
      I bet it is. My 993 notched 192k this morning on the way up, and I reckon I would still get good money for it. They seem to be disappearing from the second hand market, everybody is holding onto them.

Comment

You can only select one? I thought this was a contractor forum?

Comment

My BMW is faster than 9 of those Beetles on the list, cost less, has four doors, is rarer, holds its value better, uses less fuel so why would I want one?

I did a contract at the Porsche test and developement center hidden deep in the Swäbisch Alps which was interesting. Saw some rather exotic cars being thrashed around the test track, and crashed. My little cubbyhole (the cellar actually) was next to the room where they made the mockups of possible future models and some were very different to what you see now...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            You can only select one? I thought this was a contractor forum?
            Based on poll answers this is a Walter Mitty forum

Comment

I think a 911 is THE car that everyone should own at one stage in their life. I've had different cars over the years that are way quicker than them, more powerful and arguably better looking but as an all rounder that makes you smile everytime you drive them, you can't beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
                I think a 911 is THE car that everyone should own at one stage in their life. I've had different cars over the years that are way quicker than them, more powerful and arguably better looking but as an all rounder that makes you smile everytime you drive them, you can't beat them.
                One day last year there were a couple of fancy 911s parked outside the office.

The Aston Martin in between them outclassed them by a mile, for looks anyway.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  One day last year there were a couple of fancy 911s parked outside the office.

The Aston Martin in between them outclassed them by a mile, for looks anyway.
                  911's are more about ability than poserability.

If you want to attract attention then Aston Martin or Lambo are your weapons of choice I reckon. Even an Audi R8 will turn more heads than a 911 to the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    911's are more about ability than poserability.

If you want to attract attention then Aston Martin or Lambo are your weapons of choice I reckon. Even an Audi R8 will turn more heads than a 911 to the general public.
                    911s are two a penny round these parts.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Porsche?

I'll leave it thanks, much better cars out there
                      They're all the same anyway!
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X