• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What Porsche 911 are you driving?"

Collapse

• minsky1
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Why is it not good for daily drive?
    To name a few:
    Cost of maintenance is much higher on a turbo.
    Mileage hit.
    Leaving it in any car park while your at work/shopping would be a mare.

The car itself would be fine, its the headache that comes with it that's the problem.

All 911's attract attention, some unwelcome, and the turbo more so.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    WHICH Porsche, WHICH FFS.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by minsky1 View Post
    Not really, if your going to use whatever you buy as your daily driver I would say no.
    Why is it not good for daily drive?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Where's the 944 option?
    I wasn't aware we had any hairdressers here.
    Last edited by Sysman; 31 July 2012, 12:00.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    What worries me is that someone is stupid enough to leave an £80K 911 in Wythenshawe !! I worked there for a while... Everyday the journey from car to office was like the Krypton Factor, trying to avoid getting mugged

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Is this yours???

Wythenshawe Forum to charge for parking after Lloyds TSB workers park cars for free all day | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Where's the 944 option?
    Or 924, the Putzfrau Porsche...

Leave a comment:

• minsky1
    replied
    ta dude - you are clearly the last true IT contractor on this forum!

Is Turbo model the one to have?
    Not really, if your going to use whatever you buy as your daily driver I would say no.

If you want it just as a garage queen, then probably yes.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Essential on the Turbo, but worthless on anything else unfortunately. I had a C4S, it understeered when pushed hard into corners (with PSM off). The car seemed way to heavy to me. The effect is removed on the C2S, so it must be down to the fact of the haldex system.

The turbo has a completely different 4WD system, the front/rear bias is different and the torque vectoring system is standard I think.

The C4S definately had no advantage in the rain/snow over my older 993 C2, even though on paper, it should have.

Waste of money in my opinion, you could always enrol in the Camp4/Camp4S Porsche program in Finland, places still available for this year, this should give you a good insight.
    ta dude - you are clearly the last true IT contractor on this forum!

Is Turbo model the one to have?
    Last edited by AtW; 30 July 2012, 16:31.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Where's the 944 option?

Leave a comment:

• minsky1
    replied
    Is 4 wheel drive worthwhile going for on 911?
    Essential on the Turbo, but worthless on anything else unfortunately. I had a C4S, it understeered when pushed hard into corners (with PSM off). The car seemed way to heavy to me. The effect is removed on the C2S, so it must be down to the fact of the haldex system.

The turbo has a completely different 4WD system, the front/rear bias is different and the torque vectoring system is standard I think.

The C4S definately had no advantage in the rain/snow over my older 993 C2, even though on paper, it should have.

Waste of money in my opinion, you could always enrol in the Camp4/Camp4S Porsche program in Finland, places still available for this year, this should give you a good insight.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Can the poll be updated please for the new 991 variants .......
    Just taken delivery of my new one - a 991 C2 Cab. Fantastic car, much better than the 997.2 I had. Really impressed.
    Is 4 wheel drive worthwhile going for on 911?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Waiting for 911 991 Turbo -

All I need is custom number plate for it -

Sorted!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minsky1
    replied
    Can the poll be updated please for the new 991 variants .......

Just taken delivery of my new one - a 991 C2 Cab. Fantastic car, much better than the 997.2 I had. Really impressed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X