• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How was the long weekend for you? Get up to anything interesting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the snooker while working on Plan B.

O'Sullivan was just stupendous but I thought Carter lacked guts.

IGMC*

*He has Crohn's Disease
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Reminded me. Our neighbour has a crow nesting in their chimney with babies. Our cat was lying on the bin - mother crow came 3 feet away making a real fuss. Totally freaking. Our cat was not bothered - looked sat the crow as if to say "come on then. you might hurt me a little but I will rip yout throat out".

Our cat takes after Mrs BP - always ready for a fight.
      Yep, the small cat climbs the trees opposite and drives the crows mad - they sound just like "Angry Birds"!
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        Great stuff. Saw the Stray Cats twice in 1980/81. My daughter plays the drums, will have to search it out.
        Yes something like Rockabilly Swing drumming Slim Jim Phantom.

It's gr8, the stuff about how to dress image etc etc is a nice touch.

When he started out with the Stray Cats he saw photos of Gene Vincent's drummer standing up, so he thought that's what he should do as well. In fact it's very difficult to do, and he fell over a lot, but finally mastered it. He then found out that the drummer only stood up for the publicity photos.

I did see him in 1981 and at that time he was just playing a snare, he hadn't mastered the bass drum, but really you didn't notice. It was also a rebellious statement against the mega bands of the 70's who sat behind a huge drum kits. I have to say it worked, the Stray Cats had an amazing sound, which was surreal coming from a guy on a single snare drum. It was the concept of three front men.
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 8 May 2012, 08:30.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          I did see him in 1981 and at that time he was just playing a snare, he hadn't mastered the bass drum, but really you didn't notice. It was also a rebellious statement against the mega bands of the 70's who sat behind a huge drum kits. I have to say it worked, the Stray Cats had an amazing sound, which was surreal coming from a guy on a single snare drum. It was the concept of three front men.
          Indeed. And that cheeky Brian Setzer, he turned into some guitarist, eh?
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            Indeed. And that cheeky Brian Setzer, he turned into some guitarist, eh?
            ...and it doesn't matter where you stand in the audience he has that knack of appearing to look straight at you...amazing guy.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
              All day session around Manchester / FA Cup / evening Happy Mondays concert.

Sunday was spent looking at a Range Rover for the missus.

Monday, Trafford Centre (Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, never again on a BH!)
              Snap - Happy Mondays Saturday night. How p1ssed were most of the crowd? Obviously a load of parents let off the leash for an evening to relive their student days <cough>.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                Snap - Happy Mondays Saturday night. How p1ssed were most of the crowd? Obviously a load of parents let off the leash for an evening to relive their student days <cough>.
                Yeah most were well p!ssed - all their faces looked blurred so they must have been

Good gig though, enjoyed the Carpets too though should've been standing not seated to enjoy the atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  How was the long weekend for you? Get up to anything interesting?
                  Mowed the lawn.

Played the first half of Sniper Elite V2. Mainly went for skull-cracking headshots.

Cleaned the bathroom.

Played the second half of Sniper Elite V2. Mainly went for testicle-exploding lowshots.

All summarised here: Sniper Elite V2 - Organ Piercing Rounds Interview - YouTube
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

Went for a bus ride adventure on a bus I'd never used before with the wife and had a wander around Whitechapel, then a trip to Oxford St for a couple of bits and pieces.

Yet more rubbish, sorry I mean quality items, from my garage were put out on the pavement and promptly disappeared as planned, along with a trip to the tip.

Garage is now empty bar a few lengths of wood.

Some prep for a week long trip to Malta, next week.

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                    Played the first half of Sniper Elite V2. Mainly went for skull-cracking headshots.
                    Played the second half of Sniper Elite V2. Mainly went for testicle-exploding lowshots.
                    So you finished it all in a day? Not very good VFM. Or it there lots of replayablility
                    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 8 May 2012, 10:32.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                      ..quality items from my garage were put out on the pavement and promptly disappeared... Garage is now empty bar a few lengths of wood.
                      Did you have a car before this weekend? Just sayin...

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                      So you finished it all in a day? Not very good VFM. Or it there lots of replayablility
                      TBH, it's pretty short. Not really worth a second play through. When you've shot 100 pairs of German and Russian testicles, you've shot them all. (I'm sure there's an AndyW joke in there somewhere. )
                      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                      X