• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What makes you leave a contract early?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Almost did that yesterday... Thats why I'm asking.
    Been there mate. Get another gig then boot his baws.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Been there mate. Get another gig then boot his baws.
      Thats the plan. I have known the guy for many years. I used to think he was alright but he's turned up at my current clients with an anti contractor chip on his shoulder. So now every meeting starts with a load of pap about how expensive I am and the usual crap. What he hasn't twigged to yet is his programme manager is also a scum contractor. Had a word over his head yesterday and the chaps going to sort him out but I know that's not going to work so hes going to end up looking like the rugby ball leaving Jonny Wilkinsons boot in the dying seconds of the 2003 world cup final...

Comment

Thats the plan. I have known the guy for many years. I used to think he was alright but he's turned up at my current clients with an anti contractor chip on his shoulder. So now every meeting starts with a load of pap about how expensive I am and the usual crap. What he hasn't twigged to yet is his programme manager is also a scum contractor. Had a word over his head yesterday and the chaps going to sort him out but I know that's not going to work so hes going to end up looking like the rugby ball leaving Jonny Wilkinsons boot in the dying seconds of the 2003 world cup final...
        Sounds like he has a massive chip on his shoulder. Give some extra salt and vinegar towards it and watch him trip himself over.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

A winner?

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Right after dropping my pants in a server room.

MF
            FTFY
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              FTFY
              Agents earn less than me
              Me, me, me...

Comment

I've just finished a 4 year stint. I got to the point where i was sick of the place and going to thump someone and I wanted out... but they kept paying me and the work was easy, yet boring. My contract expired and didn't renew so i was freeeeeeeee!!
                But now i've been on the bench for a month and i'm bored and becoming poorer and i sort of wish i was still invoicing, but i'm still glad as hell not to be in that silly place anymore.

Dunno, it's a toss up which is worse: the tulipty job, or perhaps a bit of poverty...

Comment

all I used to need was more money.

An extra £1 a pay would do it....

Comment

Originally posted by ZuiderZee View Post
                    A winner?
                    No that was the team.

I'm not sure that the ball would have felt too ecstatic. Go and find a slow motion picture of the ball leaving his foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mupps View Post
                      I've just finished a 4 year stint. I got to the point where i was sick of the place and going to thump someone and I wanted out... but they kept paying me and the work was easy, yet boring. My contract expired and didn't renew so i was freeeeeeeee!!
                      But now i've been on the bench for a month and i'm bored and becoming poorer and i sort of wish i was still invoicing, but i'm still glad as hell not to be in that silly place anymore.

Dunno, it's a toss up which is worse: the tulipty job, or perhaps a bit of poverty...
                      Contracting is stripping me of my dignity now. I'm beginning to loath it & the cheap & easy way to make money it is.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X