• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What makes you leave a contract early?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Yep, hence the 400/day limit. Had an interview for 570/day down in the city.
    That'll be why then, there's fook all oop North and I should know I live there!
    Had about 2 years worth work close enough to home to commute daily.

I look nationally but always negotiate working from home, usually I get 2 days a week without too much bother. Current contract is only 1 day a week but I'm not planning on renewing
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      are you sticking to the North West?
      He talks bulltulip. Turns down jobs paying £85 a day more. Oh, I see he's turning down jobs paying £170 a day more now!
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        He talks bulltulip. Turns down jobs paying £85 a day more. Oh, I see he's turning down jobs paying £170 a day more now!
        Who said I got the job

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          That'll be why then, there's fook all oop North and I should know I live there!
          Had about 2 years worth work close enough to home to commute daily.

I look nationally but always negotiate working from home, usually I get 2 days a week without too much bother. Current contract is only 1 day a week but I'm not planning on renewing
          I don't know if it is possible but I am looking for another role to do part-time out of hours, working from home of course. I am so close to home I have a few extra hours work in me and I figure while I am young and have the energy I should make use of it. Any ideas how to find such a contract?

Comment

Who said I got the job
            Exactly! You werent ******* good enough for 570 a day LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Exactly! You werent ******* good enough for 570 a day LOL!
              So which one is it? I'm not good enough or I turned it down?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                So whats your tell tail sign that you need to move on?

Apart from the client locking out of the site that is...
                Early onset of pregnancy, usually.

Female PMs, Secretaries, Cleaners. Done them all and had to leave in a hurry.

But I never mention it to agents when they ask "Why did you leave your last role..?"
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

So which one is it? I'm not good enough or I turned it down?
                  The question is, why were you going for a 570 a day role in the city when you only contract in the north west!

You're such a ******* clown, it is untrue.

Comment

I've seen it happen. The case in point was a guy who had been there about 8 months and everyone in the client was sure he had done a terrible job and made an awful mess, but had no direct evidence or way to prove it, so they let him stay and did a poor job of checking his work. Eventually they brought in someone else to oversee him, and he jumped after a week or so when it became clear the new guy was about to unearth a massive pile of tulip that he had created but kept hidden.
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

I've seen lots just hang on no matter what...

One guy was given his marching orders on the Friday actually came in on the Monday morning - thinking it was a joke!!

He was the only joke!

Tone

Comment

Working...
                      X