• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grr - Virus alert at new clientCo - cheers contractorUK!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    I should explain, this happened yesterday morning - was on this site - I checked and didnt see anything other than the usual banner ads either.
    I've not seen anything flagged up on the site, but banner ads themselves can be virus laden
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Conficker isn't spread by download from infected web sites, it's a network worm that can be picked up from infected media such as CDs, floppies, network shares or USB drives; can try to brute force admin passwords for local networks; or can take advantage of patched vulnerabilities in the MS Windows Server service. But you don't get it from visiting a website, or at least not variant A.

I suggest the OP's report is a false positive, a misidentification, a coincidence (the attack coming from elsewhere but happening as CUK was being viewed), or bulltulip.
      Last edited by NickFitz; 2 May 2012, 21:51.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Conficker isn't spread by download from infected web sites, it's a network worm that can be picked up from infected media such as CDs, floppies, network shares or USB drives; can try to brute force admin passwords for local networks; or can take advantage of patched vulnerabilities in the MS Windows Server service. But you don't get it from visiting a website, or at least not variant A.

I suggest the OP's report is a false positive, a misidentification, a coincidence (the attack coming from elsewhere but happening as CUK was being viewed), or bulltulip.
        System.out.println("you what?");

Comment

Working...
        X