• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I will probably regret this but ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Okay thanks for the info, I'll let the wife know, she was the one asking me this this morning.
    I'll let her know for you, a bit later on this evening.
    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Yes. It's only a problem when you marry more than one of them.

Think of it as contracting. You can tell a number of different agents that you're interested in working for them exclusively. You can actually only do one contract though.
      Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Until about 100 years ago marrying while engaged to another, or even breaking off an engagement, was actionable at common law as a Breach of Promise, i.e. not a crime exactly but a civil wrong (tort).
      Exactly what i was going to say owl. Bigamy is a crime. Engagements are a contract/promise to the legal obligation of marriage.

Technically you could be arrested under the pretence of planning to commit the crime of Bigamy.

i would be worried if a partner ever asked me that!

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
        Technically you could be arrested under the pretence of planning to commit the crime of Bigamy.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
          I'll let her know for you, a bit later on this evening.
          You still eating the biscuits?
          We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
          - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I don't see what you find funny about a solemn vow?

You can be arrested for planning/intending to commit almost any crime. Depending on the severity and public interest depends on whether the cps will prosecute.

Comment

Working...
            X