• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I will probably regret this but ..."

Collapse

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I don't see what you find funny about a solemn vow?

You can be arrested for planning/intending to commit almost any crime. Depending on the severity and public interest depends on whether the cps will prosecute.

Leave a comment:

• PorkPie
    replied
    Originally posted by doomage View Post
    I'll let her know for you, a bit later on this evening.
    You still eating the biscuits?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    Technically you could be arrested under the pretence of planning to commit the crime of Bigamy.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Yes. It's only a problem when you marry more than one of them.

Think of it as contracting. You can tell a number of different agents that you're interested in working for them exclusively. You can actually only do one contract though.
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Until about 100 years ago marrying while engaged to another, or even breaking off an engagement, was actionable at common law as a Breach of Promise, i.e. not a crime exactly but a civil wrong (tort).
    Exactly what i was going to say owl. Bigamy is a crime. Engagements are a contract/promise to the legal obligation of marriage.

Technically you could be arrested under the pretence of planning to commit the crime of Bigamy.

i would be worried if a partner ever asked me that!

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Okay thanks for the info, I'll let the wife know, she was the one asking me this this morning.
    I'll let her know for you, a bit later on this evening.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Can you be married to one person and engaged to another?
    Until about 100 years ago marrying while engaged to another, or even breaking off an engagement, was actionable at common law as a Breach of Promise, i.e. not a crime exactly but a civil wrong (tort).

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by acontractor View Post
    Wishful thinking
    Sounds more like a nightmare to me.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You can actually only do one contract though.
    Permie. NLUK.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Is this anything to do with mail order brides?

Leave a comment:

• PorkPie
    replied
    Easily and often. Just hit redial on the second - you'll get through eventually.

Leave a comment:

• Sands of Time
    replied
    Story?

Tone

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Okay thanks for the info, I'll let the wife know, she was the one asking me this this morning.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Yes. It's only a problem when you marry more than one of them.

Think of it as contracting. You can tell a number of different agents that you're interested in working for them exclusively. You can actually only do one contract though.

Leave a comment:

• acontractor
    replied
    Wishful thinking

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic I will probably regret this but ...

I will probably regret this but ...

Working...
X