• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you have a nice weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you have a nice weekend?

Did you have a nice weekend? Was the weather as bad for you as it was for me?

Yep, weather was... biblical.

My company purchased an iPad - quite surprised at the good service in the Apple store.

Busy - recession??

I don't start my new contract until next Tuesday so out enjoying today's sunshine!!

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      And windy with it.
      You must leave off those lentils.

HTH

Comment

I went to Durham to give my sister away at her wedding, I then promptly got drunk & had “in depth discussions” on the correct pronunciation of words, all in it was a good laugh

The drive back was horrendous, only to discover the heating had died while we were away & then this morning my handbrake locked up due to the excessive damp / dirt on the A1(M)
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Quite nice, thank you for asking.
          Cracked on with my OU essay and have got a reasonable first draft cobbled together. A bit of titivation, and a bibliography and I'm done with this module. Sunday morning went for a swim. Didn't manage as many lengths as last time, but it was a different pool, and realised afterwards it's 33m not 25, so had actually swum further. Gave my mother access to titcam and am now seeing DOS attacks on my router - don't know if the two are related. Did a nice Sunday roast (gammon) and a bottle or two of wine. Sun's out this morning, so cycled to clientCo. Hoping I don't regret it come 5:30.

How was yours?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            Quite nice, thank you for asking.
            Cracked on with my OU essay and have got a reasonable first draft cobbled together. A bit of titivation, and a bibliography and I'm done with this module. Sunday morning went for a swim. Didn't manage as many lengths as last time, but it was a different pool, and realised afterwards it's 33m not 25, so had actually swum further. Gave my mother access to titcam and am now seeing DOS attacks on my router - don't know if the two are related. Did a nice Sunday roast (gammon) and a bottle or two of wine. Sun's out this morning, so cycled to clientCo. Hoping I don't regret it come 5:30.

How was yours?
            Not bad a bit knackering.

Went on #2 son's rugby tour. Fair bit of partying on Friday and Saturday which was good but the rugby tournament on Sunday ended up with our team playing the host side only as all the others had cried off due to the weather (bunch of pansies). However they may have had the right idea as the weather was absolutely atrocious. They managed 25 minutesfirst half followed by abondoning the match 10 minutes into the second half.

We still won though.

Comment

Yes

Next question
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

We´ve had fabulous weather over the weekend. Thx to a low further North, warm air is being sucked from the Sahara. My car is covered in a thin layer of sand. On Sunday our 50´s "Buddy Holly" trio was out, for a brunch barbecue gig in a village bistro. We started at 11:00 am so it was a bit weird setting up with a cup of coffee. Gr8 fun..., nice playing outside, then off to the outdoor pool which opened this weekend....25 degrees
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  Yes

Next question
                  Actually we had baby granddaughter for the weekend (7 weeks old) the other granddaughters (11 & 6) and Daughter (36) arrived Sunday afternoon and stayed for dinner.

Weekend weather was lousy (and still is).

Bought myself Blackberry because I lost my Samsung Geneo Slide (or thought I had) and spent 2 days getting my old number transferred to it loading it with all of my contact, setting up wifi and internet, BBM etc and putting my playlist on it (music)
                  Wifey found the Samsung Geneo Slide last night behind an ornament. some questioning revealed that the 6 year old had been taking pictures with it and she thought she'd broken it and panicked (battery had died )
                  Anyway, wife now has my Samsung which makes her happy, and I have my Blackberry which makes me happy

All in all, a good weekend
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Golf course Saturday - got soaked.
                    Golf course Sunday - got soaked.

And I wasn't even playing, just spectating at a junior match.

For any golfers here, the club was Redbourn, which has a policy of never closing the course as unplayable, which they call their '365 policy'. A magnificent stance, but it meant that the players had to negotiate standing water on greens and in bunkers as well as everywhere else.

On one green (coincidentally this was their 'signature' hole, the par 3 seventh), the hole itself was nearly surrounded by puddles on the green. It had only two narrow lines in, which were still wet enough to significantly slow the ball and make the judgement of putting strength a lottery.

I suggested that the players chip instead of putt the ball but, although within the rules to chip on the green, the organisers weren't keen for 'etiquet' reasons (this is a euphemism for being frightened of the head greenkeeper). So in one or two cases we had the interesting spectacle of players taking relief by moving their ball off the green and into the rough so they could chip it.

Comment

Working...
                    X