• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm guessing that this is going to come and bite him big time.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    So Cameron's not going to mix with them then?
    Feck knows. If they were friends of Brown it's unlikely they'll have much in common with tories.

Comment

Is this really aimed at the majority of contractors though? In reality many run of the mill contractors formed companies only because clients stopped using sole traders. That's hardly aggressive tax avoidance if you're forced to do it to get work. I was actually quite happy as a sole trader.

Comment

I'm sick of the little tit now. He really is pathetic. He keeps coming out with these stupid statements without considering just what he is saying.
        He's obviously idolises ol' Tone and decided that the way to get elected and stay in power is to try to emulate him and has lurched quite a way left of centre. He doesn't realise that what the electorate in this country want is a return to a more sensible government that puts the British people first and has the balls to stand up to external influences. Can you imagine any governement pre-Bliar putting up with being told we can't deport a known terrorist?
        This country is becoming a joke and I really wish that me and the missus had emigrated when we had the chance a few years ago.
        Only good thing to come out of the coalition is the country being shown just what the Liberals really stand for and what would happen if they got power. Which is the reason that they are now behind UKIP in the polls.
        Scary thing is that Miliband is now leading the polls which could translate into another Labour disaster for the country.

Only hope I can see is if the Tories and Libs have a tiff and split, Cameron is deposed and someone with bigger cahones takes over before the next election.

Don't hold your breathe though.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial
          Only hope I can see is if the Tories and Libs have a tiff and split, Cameron is deposed and someone with bigger cahones takes over before the next election.
          And there is the small problem of who will take over. You aren't going to get bigger cojones, just a bigger tit.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            And there is the small problem of who will take over. You aren't going to get bigger cojones, just a bigger tit.
            Good point. There must be someone in the Tory party that would do a better job. How about David Davis?

Comment

The problems with this country are not caused by people trying to avoid tax but more that it has become morally unacceptable to make money and make a success of your life
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                The problems with this country are not caused by people trying to avoid tax but more that it has become morally unacceptable to make money and make a success of your life
                I think there's a lot of truth in this. There seems to be a huge upswell of jealousy in the country and also there's outrage at people not paying their fair share. I'm not quite sure where this has come from but it is definitely being enflamed by various muppets that should know better.

Comment

I agree, there is a very scary anti-work, anti-success mentality taking root in this country now.

The first time i hear the word "Kulak" i'm off!

Comment

Agreed Cameron looks a tit at times, but remember he's got a balancing act to keep on board as many as possible of the people who used to vote Labour.

It's all very well we in CUK saying we would do this or we'd do that, but tories were saying the same things for nearly 15 years without a sniff of getting elected. And it is important to get elected, otherwise you can't do anything. Catch 22.

It's a case of making the right noises for maximum effect. What actually happens may be another matter, but if what Cameron says means sacrificing half a million right wing votes to gain a million centre-lefters, he's got a result.

Blame the rump of the electorate, and people like AtW, who set great store by the money other people make. Feckin bizarre in my opinion, but you can't just ignore them, they vote.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                      I would argue that the problems are not because it's become morally unacceptable to make money but because it's become morally acceptable to use the making of money as an excuse to behave in a morally unacceptable way.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X