• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm guessing that this is going to come and bite him big time.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    In the case I discussed, it is no more nanny state to return to a '3 or 4 times earnings' limit on personal lending than any other rules relating to due dilligence within banks.
    WHS + remove this stupid "joint income" too - 3x4 times a joint income is double the risk of long term incapacity or job loss ....

Comment

The real issue which is not being discusses is that the tax burden of almost every European country is intolerable - those who are pn PAYE have no option but to grin an bear it - those who freelance perhaps have more options - but for how much longer ?

The US have got it right with taxation levels - with an average taxation level of apox 20 per cent - there is no need for ltd companies and the likes - you simply pay your tax on PAYE and spend the rest as you will.

Now my advice for those who die -
      Declare the pennies on your eyes ..

Cos Im the Taxman
      And youre working for no-one but me

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Why not educate them by forcing them to live with the consequence? Isn't it their own responsibilty to educate themselves. Do you want the state spreading its indoctrination?
        I meant education as in learning in school - have just realised the flaw in the plan though - excessive Government interference in our schools to such a point that the kids aren't allowed to win. OK let's go with your plan
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          I meant education as in learning in school - have just realised the flaw in the plan though - excessive Government interference in our schools to such a point that the kids aren't allowed to win. OK let's go with your plan
          And does that make for a better world as we are freed from the road to serfdom?

Comment

Sorry does what make for a better world? I wouldn't have said that one can be freed from serfdom (unless you mean in the literal sense where a man was bound by law to his liege), I would have thought that one chooses not to walk that road

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              Ah now we agree on something

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                Ah now we agree on something
                I thought you'd be all for protecting the little dears from the psychological damage of losing an egg and spoon race Scoobos

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

I am not sure what point you are making here
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    I am not sure what point you are making here
                    A literary point. This should be right up your street.

The Road to Serfdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Working...
                    X