• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Little Englander's attitude to (un)employment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    From a web forum:

There are millions out there genuinely thinking that the job market is booming and the welfare system is too generous with the chavs, save changing their minds when they actually lose their job and then decide to "Climb Aboard The Benefits Gravy Train" like the person above.

Discussion.
    Job market booming ?

Wonder why automatic replies to job applications contain the following?
    Unfortunately because of the large number of CVs we receive we regret that we are unable to respond to every CV on an individual basis.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
      He may have a valid point. Current client has more poles than brits on the shop floor.

Did a calculation if both of us were unemployed via turn2us.org.uk

2 school age kids
      smallish mortgage
      No Disability etc.

£17K

So thats a £20K wage coming in.

why bother working?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

2 school age kids
        smallish mortgage
        No Disability etc.

£17K

why bother working?
        So our European friends are funding the unemployed.
        Everyone’s a winner!

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

2 school age kids
          smallish mortgage
          No Disability etc.

£17K

why bother working?
          If you put one of you working for £20k and the unemployed, what does it give you then?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

£15K

Bloody hell Plus earnings. That's £30K take home
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Great Forum, 1st Post, This old goat is fresh from the farm so be gentle...

Thanks for the link, I will check it out with anticipation.

It's about time I changed my tune and forgot the stigma of signing on, and started claiming benefits for a change since I have pumped so much money into the system for the last 25+ years. I really should learn the facts of life from my EU cousins and milk the system for all it's worth.

And why not? I have been benched since January, I applied to every role (P&C), not a single interview or offer except when a drone expected me to have every certification in the alphabet and be a Guru in all IT acronyms and buzzwwords. Oh, and be prepared to be very "Realistic" and drop 45% of my last year's day rate to even be considered in today's market. Well if I had these I would ask for 45% more !!!
              Contractors? Stack them high and sell them cheap!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post

its the system thats wrong and until they do something with it there will always be this attitude from both english and imigrants ...
                Nothing will be done until the benefits to politicians of bribing voters with benefits and allowing in cheap overseas labour is outweighed by the liability to politicians of irate British voters unable to find a job and taxed excessively to pay for those benefits while they're lucky enough still to have a job.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                X