• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welsh broadband activists declare war on trees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    You only discover how fast 60mph is when you're suddenly going sideways off the road into the trees.

Then it's a case of waiting for it to stop.
    Too true brother, or fishtailing the TVR Tuscan joining the M25 hard accelerating from the slip road at those speeds - only the influence of divine intervention taking over my hands to counteract the fishtailing saved the day. It was like Neo watching himself one arm fight Agent Smith in the first Matrix.

I literally shat myself. As did the other drivers around me I imagine...
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      Too true brother, or fishtailing the TVR Tuscan joining the M25 hard accelerating from the slip road at those speeds - only the influence of divine intervention taking over my hands to counteract the fishtailing saved the day. It was like Neo watching himself one arm fight Agent Smith in the first Matrix.

I literally shat myself. As did the other drivers around me I imagine...
      From broadband to defecating in 7 short pages, you guys make me proud
      Force fairer pricing representation for broadband

Comment

Originally posted by wispa limited View Post

Welcome to CUK!
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          You can't beat fishtailing on the motorway for clearing up transient constipation.

Did much the same thing in my Dutton Phaeces when some daft clown didn't see me & pulled out to overtake sommat whilst I was overtaking him/her/it.

All it took was a blip on the throttle.
          That 3 Series Beemer was good at going sideways on wet cobbles.

Only a slight throttle blip required.

Not fun in heavy traffic.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

I had a jeep cherokee - in two wheel drive it was as scary as buggery in the rain - solid as a rock in 4x4 but thirstier than a CUK forum member

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

I had a 3 series (quite) a few years ago and you made very sure you were out of second gear asap/pretty damn quick!

Parked its arse end on a roundabout outside the "Metrocentre" in Gateshead. That was interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by wispa limited View Post
                Hello
                They are on best behaviour!

Though I suspect the Gladiators question was a veiled reference to Crassus's snail quote from Spartacus so Trees to 'Wood' was much faster. If someone asks what is in your robe - run! In jokes heh?

Rain falling from the sky? We are that posh down south ours comes up through the road.

Keep up the good work, lets see ISP's charge for what they provide not what they might be able to if you actually live in the exchange. Personally I would have held off until April the 1st though.1
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                  I had a 3 series (quite) a few years ago and you made very sure you were out of second gear asap/pretty damn quick!

Parked its arse end on a roundabout outside the "Metrocentre" in Gateshead. That was interesting...
                  Yep. getting out of second gear was a good idea. Not always easy in city traffic though.

I swore I'd never have another Beemer until they fixed that back axle arrangement, and other more interesting stuff arrived while I was waiting.

See how the full width of the tyres isn't in contact with the road:

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Hello
                    They are on best behaviour!

Though I suspect the Gladiators question was a veiled reference to Crassus's snail quote from Spartacus so Trees to 'Wood' was much faster. If someone asks what is in your robe - run! In jokes heh?

Rain falling from the sky? We are that posh down south ours comes up through the road.

Keep up the good work, lets see ISP's charge for what they provide not what they might be able to if you actually live in the exchange. Personally I would have held off until April the 1st though.1
                    Well it certainly wouldn't hurt if the entire Board would rush to send an email - I even had the site tidied at the prospect of visitors!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Personally I would have held off until April the 1st though.1
                      WHS. It might have got more exposure from the annual roundup of April Fool stories.

Comment

Working...
                      X