• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welsh broadband activists declare war on trees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Think about it logically
    This is cuk! Did you really return here for logic?

Comment

I am going to declare war on trees. Yesterday as I was cycling home one jumped right into the middle of the pavement causing me to swerve into a wall.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I am going to declare war on trees. Yesterday as I was cycling home one jumped right into the middle of the pavement causing me to swerve into a wall.
        Yep - it's almost like they know when you've been drinking, so pick on you when you're at your weakest.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          Yep - it's almost like they know when you've been drinking, so pick on you when you're at your weakest.
          I am totally off the sauce now. And have been since 11pm last night. Though to last that long I did need quite alot of weed.

Comment

Imagine being a tree. It's boring. Give them a break.

If it takes an infinite number of monkeys on typewriters to accidentally reproduce the works of Shakespeare, imagine how many more trees it would need.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Imagine being a tree. It's boring. Give them a break.
              Yes. That is the general idea.

But generally I am a bit of a tree hugger. I remember in mid 1990s a car with 5 teens crashed into a tree. The doors locked on impact and all 5 burned alive - as did the tree. I felt more sorrow for the tree - after all the kids were driving too fast. I suppose we all make mistakes and they were unlucky that their mistake had bad consequences. But why did the tree have to die?

Comment

Yes. That is the general idea.

But generally I am a bit of a tree hugger. I remember in mid 1990s a car with 5 teens crashed into a tree. The doors locked on impact and all 5 burned alive - as did the tree. I felt more sorrow for the tree - after all the kids were driving too fast. I suppose we all make mistakes and they were unlucky that their mistake had bad consequences. But why did the tree have to die?
                Technically only 1 of the kids was traveling too fast
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Technically only 1 of the kids was traveling too fast
                  Technically they were all travelling too fast.

But it's true that only 1 of the kids was driving too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Technically they were all travelling too fast.

But it's true that only 1 of the kids was driving too fast.
                    yes. but I reckon the others were egging him/her on.

I remember they had recently installed traffic calming measure around the accident site. there were pedestrian islands. People used to park between them. I reckon they served round the parked car and lost control. one could argue that traffic calming killed those 5 kids. if one was very warped.

Comment

Originally posted by wispa limited View Post
                      LOL - in the North they complain about them pushing the prices up by purchasing second homes - I suspect that Wales and England will always have their.... rivalries
                      I saw that one first hand, and it wasn't pretty.

One mob of southerners even started their "New Residents Association" devoted to keeping their own house prices up by contesting planning applications made by locals. Twunts.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X