• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Every Lidl helps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    I got some damn good fence stain from Aldi £8. £25 at B&Q
    A pretty decent DAB radio
    Extendable shears

Loads of other stuff.

And convenient as its on my way to work, a quick 10 minute pitstop and groceries done.
    See, they'r all coming out of the woodwork now. Everybody with an ounce of common will buy the cheaper option if the quality is as good or better.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I've found Lidl fresh veg to be better quality than any of the supermarkets. And I've come across some great one off bargains like drum stools, weather station, multimeter and other gadgets.

Edit: Couple of weeks ago got some excellent venison from there as well.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Lidl & Aldi are massive on the continent our french friends are a little sniffy about the wine but they like the veg, snobbery is foolish, remember money has no class.

I love both because they sell some good quality stuff at dirt cheap prices.

They also sell some tat. just like all the other supermarkets.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Lidl & Aldi are massive on the continent our french friends are a little sniffy about the wine but they like the veg, snobbery is foolish, remember money has no class.

I love both because they sell some good quality stuff at dirt cheap prices.

They also sell some tat. just like all the other supermarkets.
          Their stainless steel pots n pans and their cutlery rusts, we bought some for the touring caravan

Comment

Their ratchet pruners and brush shredders rock, buyer beware!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Their ratchet pruners and brush shredders rock, buyer beware!
              I have a pair of their digital verniers, I've checked them several times against my far more expensive ones and they are accurate.

their yoghurts are nice too

Comment

Working...
              X