• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More climate lunacy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Yes. Increasing population is definitely the number one problem. Soviet-style edicts won't work though.

The best way to tackle this is to for nations to tighten their borders to net zero movement. Then each nation would be forced to address its own population problems in whatever way it sees best.

Rather than let people expand out of profligate areas ad infinitum, which they are at the moment.
    That's India f*cked then.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Plenty of room in the Sahara.
      Even if there were, for how long?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Plenty of room in the Sahara.
        Actually, how big is your larder?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Actually, how big is your larder?
          About 6,840,507,003 and counting, eh Zeity?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Copy-pasting the same semi-tabloid sensationalism hardly does much for your position of dignified scientist fighting lunatics.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm waiting for the headline "Climate Change, it's just the tip of the iceberg!"

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Copy-pasting the same semi-tabloid sensationalism hardly does much for your position of dignified scientist fighting lunatics.
                I agree there's a lot of sensationalised climate alarmism of a tabloid nature being uttered or written by "so-called" climate scientists.

I think it's good to remind people of what they said in the past.

Here are a few more sensationalised predictions from environmental scientists:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/04/2...y-predictions/
                Last edited by BlasterBates; 20 April 2012, 14:32.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

“Air pollution…is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone.”

Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University biologist
                  Deaths due to outdoor air pollution per annum : 865,000 (2007)

Source: World Health Org.

Doesn't really work if the 'sensationalised' predictions come true, does it?
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

'they broke the climate'

watermelon -'help, help, my climates broken '
                    PC Plod -'ello ello ello, and who broke your climate then sir ?'
                    watermelon -'he did - that dirty sceptic over there'
                    PC Plod -'and what do you have to say for yourself then m'lad?'
                    Dirty filthy rotten sceptic-' Alls I said was, I am not convinced that the Oceans will boil'

PC Plod (white faced with shock) 'You're fcnkg nicked mate'
                    Judge Green 'For breaking the victims climate, I sentance you to five years penal servitude. and may Gaia have mercy on your soul'

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past - Environment - The Independent[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      I agree there's a lot of sensationalised climate alarmism of a tabloid nature being uttered or written by "so-called" climate scientists.

I think it's good to remind people of what they said in the past.

Here are a few more sensationalised predictions from environmental scientists:

Failed Mirth Earth Day predictions | Watts Up With That?
                      That page might be funnier if they listed the dates for most of the quotes. But both sides are as bad as each other for mucking about with silly quotes, and claiming what each other said.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X